Saban to the Tide

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by maximus, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

2. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Yeah, Miami, Schwartz is an excellent coach. We would just hate to lose him. ;)

3. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Nick Saban is becoming the Larry Brown of football coaches. What is this, his fifth head coaching job? The bad thing is that all of the money in his Alabama contract is guaranteed... so WHEN he leaves in three years he'll still be recieving a check from Alabama every year.

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

How is Nick Saban different from Steve Spurrier?

Miami was paying the guy really well. No, his contract money wasn't guaranteed with Miami but the gross divided by the years/lenth averaged out slightly higher than the Alabama money... which, I'll admit was BIG money... still, he's not a pro type coach and I think he realized that. The Dolphins will be better off without him because he wasn't going to take that team anywhere. While he was in Miami he was lamenting leaving LSU... I bet once he's back in the SEC he'll do well and stay with the Tide for years and years. Simply put, many college coaches just don't translate to the pro game. That's one thing that I have always been uneasy about when it comes to Chow. I think it would be good to reserve judgement though. Afterall, he is/was Miami's problem, not ours.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Weird..

Why give up the city of Miami, the beaches and amazing weather as well as a $4.5mil paycheck to go live in huntsville Alabama with Forest Gump as a neighbour and get paid $4 mil instead. :whoop:

Maybe i'm missing something... Is it the 10 year guarantee?

6. AlaTitan

AlaTitan Guest

Ummm, actually it's Tuscaloosa. Huntsville is in north Alabama (where I live).

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

1. Wife hates Miami culture. They have a 7 million dollar home on the water- don't like it. They get away to a cabin in Georgia.

2. He is guaranteed 32 million dollars with the job. Period.

3. As the above post said- it's Tuscaloosa, not Huntsville. You ever been to Tuscaloosa?- I didn't think so.

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it is an 8 year deal I believe.

about wives... jfyi guys... Jim Schwartz's old lady hates Miami. That's not helping us unload him on the Fins. Schwartz really puzzles me. I buy into all of the varied opinions on him. There are times when I think he's good and then there are all the times I agree with what I read on here. I wish the dude would get a HC gig already for two reasons. 1) we would see once and for all if he's worth a damn. 2) one way or another the members on this forum would have someone new to b!tch about instead of him.

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar