Saints @ Colts Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Yeah, that's because when you have to worry about PM dropping bombs over the middle to Dallas Clark, and to Reggie Wayne, and Marvin Harrison. As a defensive player (Playing the Colts) you worry about the pass first, which influences false steps away from the line of scrimmage. By that time the RB is in the hole, and through it by the time you react towrd the ball carrier. Peyton worked them over pretty good with the playaction fakes.

The Colts looked good, but hard to tell how good, when Jason David was looking in the backfield all night. I think he forgot he was playing for the Saints D now, and not on the Colts sideline watching peyton work like last year.

2. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am constantly amazed at the Colt's offensive line. They do not appear to do any funky stunting or keep two TEs to block yet they keep the DL off Peyton and they provide more running lanes than anyone I have seen.

If the first game is any indication...they may be better than last year on both sides of the ball.

3. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, they were... although they always have - that's their schtick. They don't have the size, but they have speed. So one person may not make the tackle, but they will slow you down enough for help to get there. Which is why you have to take it straight up the gut on them. Pound your RB and TE over and over for 2 good drives, and wear that speed down first. Then you have undersized, tired LBs and DL slipping off their tackles. If you try to burn them on the edges with speed, it's likely they'll swarm all night on you. That's why we have played well against the Colts recently... their weakness plays into our strength.

And as for their offense - Fisher knows not to blitz Peyton. You almost have to treat him like Vick... don't go aggressively at him, but just get a good solid push with your front 4 to disrupt his passing lanes. Get a hand on him if you're close enough to keep him from stepping up, and get your hands up in the air if your not. Just takes a lot of discipline. He's going to hit a few long ones, so you can't sell the farm trying to prevent that.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think last year was a fluke for the Saints. Emotional year. I believe they will fall back this year.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

IMO- the Saints gameplan sucked. They should have run McAllister, run McAllister and then run Bush or McAllister. That is how you beat the Colts. They never established the run. The few plays that worked were up the middle for 5--8 yards. The Colts were too fast to go outside as many times as they tried.

We showed the league last year the formula. Sean Payton deserves a thumping for this loss. Plus- Bush and Brees didn't execute very well- they looked rusty.

The Colts are about the same as they were last year. Their D can be worn down.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I agree, the Colt's D will look different on the LP sod...:))

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Glad to see the confidence. Hope to see you guys give us a fast start.

Who's starting at CB?

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Harper.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

If we learned anything from last night, it's that good coaching prevails over having superior athletes on defense. We are clearly more talented than the Colts on Defense, but they looked excellent with a bunch of no-names out there. Even their Secondary is totally different, I hope Schwartz was paying attention while he was saying things like, "the past few years, we haven't had the personnel to play aggressive, now we do with guys like Ryan Fowler...etc." What a joke, we lost Pacman(our biggest impact defensive player) and cut our FS who had started the last three years to hand the reins over to a 2nd year player with zero starts? Where does he come up with this stuff? Terrible.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

^^^ No doubt... they have plenty of weaknesses - more than we do. Discipline, a sound scheme, and effort sure go a long way in making sure your weakness isn't exposed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar