Sammie Lee Hill And The Defensive Line

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'm wondering how effective Hill and the defensive line will be this season.Hill was brought in to help our defense get better against the run.The goal is to get him in there on first-and-10, second-and-short, and for the most part he would have one job, don't let them run the football.He started last season as the Lions' fourth defensive tackle, behind Ndamukong Suh, Corey Williams, and Nick Fairley. When the Lions had those four players, Hill played about 30% of the time as the Lions used a four-man rotation at D-tackle. After Williams went down, Hill became the third defensive tackle and played a little under half the time on average. After Fairley followed Williams to injured reserve, Hill became the starter and played about 70% of the time.On the defensive line we have Wimbley,Casey,Hill and Morgan.Then there is Dawson,Martin,Klug and Edwards backing those players up on the line.We were 24th in the league against the pass and 26th against the run.Jerry Gray is still here but now they've brought in Gregg Williams to help straighten things out.The bottom line is they will have to do much better this season if the team expects to have any type of success......

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We have to have the most under rated D-Line there is. I mean last year we did alright, but just the thought of not having SenDerrick Marks anymore makes me smile. That fat sloppy weak punk was useless 90% of the time. Now that he's gone we'll automatically improve. Hill>Marks all day everyday. The trio of Casey, Martin & Hill will be a great rotation.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

SenDerrick Marks,Shaun Smith,Jovan Haye,Barrett Ruud were all useless and a big reason we've struggled the past few seasons.A lot of that i blame Reinfeldt for and him bringing in all these cheap free agents because none of them did anything.Its a big reason we failed for the past four seasons and why the former GM isn't here anymore.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Hill will have to make a believer out of me. He didn't get a lot of playing time last season, but he didn't make much of the snaps he did get. Also, Martin had a great season. If Hill can't play like he used to, it may be time to see what Martin can do in an expanded role.

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I don't care who, but some big BODY best step the "F" up!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar