Samuel might still be an option(talks not going well)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bigreese82, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

but where would that leave Finnegan? he was too good last year to put him below the NB position, but if we have Hope and Scott as our two safeties and Pac and Samuel at CB Harper would probably take NB. Finnegan is too good of a player to relegate to special teams.

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Michael Turner 55%
    Asante Samuel 40%
    Derrick Mason 20%
    Dwyane Jarrett 45%
    LenDale White Starting 75-80%
    Corry Dillon 90%

Im adding another one

Darrell Jackson a Titan in 2007- 80%

3. Vince10

Vince10 Camp Fodder

Turner 60%
    Dillon 40%
    Mason 10%
    Jarrett 15%
    White starting 35%

4. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Give the Pats a third first rounder, brilliant :ha:

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ just so ya know, it wasn't my idea

I am curious to know what the price will be though

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

ahh asante ...now we talking. taht way we have 3 very very good cbs and can handle 3 reciver sets. ohh my lord...pac and asante w/ harpr in the mix....w/ chris hope and scott backin em up deep....now we talking. i herad the same thing from foxsports.com regardin asante:

"Asanta Samuel doesn't think the Patriots understand how much he's worth. And if that's the case, then he's ready to request a trade to someone who does" --- dont worry son the titans gotcha.

right now...decide ppl...if we could only get one...asante or turner...who would u choose? i think i'd have to giv my vote to turner (harper can be a good 2nd string cb)

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Turner - no question

the main facet to Fisherball is the ability to consistently run the football

the defense will most likely be in the bottom 3rd of the league as long as Chief Red Hat continues to script protections, so it's kinda pointless to ruin a good DB like Samuel

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Yeah, Schwartz already ruined Reynaldo.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Hope is next
    you know how he loathes DB's that can actually cover and tackle

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I hope you are not seriously telling me that you expect Wolfe to be a franchise back or even a consistent compliment. College defenses that sucked even for college defenses shut him down. No thanks. As far as Bush, I would consider him one of the few intriguing prospects at RB this year outside of the first 2 rounds. Still, he may land in the 2nd or will probably be an early 3rd. I still don't think a 6-4 running back with 2 major surgeries is worth a top 3 draft pick so we'll see.

The point is this: RB is lacking in talent once you look past the top 5 or 6 guys. There are no interesting lower round players that had good production but are dropping because they are short or some nonsense (like Maurice Jones-Drew) or a prospect who times exceptionally well but might be dropping because of a lack of opportunity or bad situation in college. I don't see any prospect that has a chance to break through. Of course everyone has their own opinion of prospects, but I would bet that my opinion is held by a vast majority concerning this year's class.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar