Satisfied With Moves Reinfeldt Has Made So Far?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Hopefully.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm wondering how much of that is actually having a QB that can understand the offense and read a defense enough to help teach/coordinate with the WR's.

3. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Dropping Collins and getting Hasselbeck was the best move in quite a long time.Truth be known we should've never even signed Collins from the start.The reason we were pathetic on offense has a lot to do with Collins and him not being a capable starting quarterback.That also hurt our defense being on the field 45 minutes a game because Collins couldn't extend any possessions beyond a quick three and out so our defense barely rested before going back out.Now we actually have a quarterback who can stay on the field and put some points on the board and that also helps the defense so they are not pressured all game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Colts have had some good receivers through the years. The thing that I noticed is that there seemed to be very few bad receivers . Manning is a smart football QB and I am sure there are few who would not think this to be true. But as he gets on to folks for a mishap, things I used to hate about him, maybe he was just reminding them what went wrong, or what they did wrong.

I dont see Matt as getting mad over things, but he at least gets with his guys and seems to go over plays. ( I also like Grays attitude) Anyway, I know our remaining receivers have more experience and thats a plus. Bu I like to think its because he actually gets with them and tells them what he likes for them to do. I never seen this behavior from Vince or Kerry. Maybe I missed it?

Anyway, I never liked Manning much, maybe a lot of that because of being on our opponents team. I think deep down, I wanted someone with the same traits.Maybe I was jealous of what the colts, Patriots and Saints had?

5. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Thing that i look back on with this team is how in 2006 during the draft we literally had Devin Hester on the phone before somehow we ended up going with Lendale White instead.Could you imagine Devin Hester on this team? wow we can only imagine.

6. amy

amy Starter

Likely, quite a bit. A teaching QB who can direct a game is invaluable and we haven't had one of those in a very long time. MH is the best hire we've made in years. The difference between KC, VY, and MH can't even be measured. I have every confidence that this season is going to be the best in long, long while, taking us to the playoffs and who knows......? Really, after four games, who, besides the Packs, are any better than we are? :yes:

7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Alright i need to revise some things here and update.Right now i am really pissed with Reinfeldt and i might not be the only one.He has known we are hurting at the WR position and all we brought in is Donnie Avery rehabbing from a knee injury.You mean to tell me when Britt got hurt we bring in another guy who is also still not full healed? Then watch guys like Brandon Lloyd go for peanuts pisses me off when we all know Hasselbeck needs guys to throw to.We are horrible at WR.

In hindsight which is 20/20 of course.I wish we would've just maybe traded Chris Johnson or spent all that money on other players to help the team.Never good to let one guy eat up too much cap room.The thing is he will pay CJ this megadeal but then we suffer at every other spot because we are too conservative and don't bring in guys to shore up our weaknesses.I'm not asking Reinfeldt to turn into Daniel Snyder or go crazy during free agency but it kills me to see a glaring weakness on our team and then nothing is done about it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

The real complaint with MR in regards to CJ is that we should have re-done his contract after his 2k season in 09. We could have gotten him for less money with almost no effect on the cap. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...igning-bonuses-to-circumvent-30-percent-rule/). He clearly deserved it then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar