Satisfied With Moves Reinfeldt Has Made So Far?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Jul 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Have you ever heard of rebuilding? Once upon a time these great teams weren't very good. The Colts have been fine with Manning and the Patriots struck gold with Brady but remember when the Steelers had Maddox and Batch? Or the Falcons sucking for a few seasons? Maybe when the Jets were averaging 6-10 seasons for a while?

Locker is our future, Johnson is our elite RB, and we have a star in the making in Britt. Our OL is solid and defense getting better with experience. It may not seem that way but we're actually looking pretty good and very good in a couple years.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

grindtime...this isnt madden...take a look at the real picture...you didnt see use bringing in the biggest names on the market when we made our only superbowl appearance did you?

3. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

Jevon Kearse rookie season... :pant:

4. lateknight

lateknight Master Opinionist

No not satisfied. Most of the moves he has made in free agency have been puzzling at best to me. We'll find out soon enough.

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

As of right now, I'll give it a B-.

Additions/Re-Signs:
    Jordan Babineaux
    Frank Walter
    Jacob Ford
    Dave Ball
    Ahmard Hall
    Daniel Graham
    Barrett Ruud
    Leroy Harris
    Matt Hasselebck
    Shaun Smith

Let walk:
    Randy Moss
    Bo Scaife
    Donnie Nickey
    Jason Babin
    Stephen Tulloch

I'm mostly upset with how we didn't pursue another WR. There was some solid #2 WRs available, that went for cheap (like Braylon Edwards, Derrick Mason, or maybe resign Moss) - instead were stuck with Washington or Gage (maybe D-Will). Kenny Britt is always getting in trouble, or hurting his hammy and chances are he'll miss a couple games this year. Another thing is that Chris Hope is still on the roster, for his $6 mil contract. Hope is still a decent player, but is horrible in coverage. Grays new system may work to his advantage, but NO WAY does this guy deserves to be the highest paid S in the NFL. He should of either A: restructered his deal or B: been cut. Sadly, we waited until the last minute to sign a S. There was some decent options out in the free agency pool, but it seemed like we didn't even attempt to sign one. We also could of went for a CB, either a starting CB or just competition. Finny is solid, but he's far from elite. Verner was solid and McCourty has potential. But, added competition never hurts.

I'm happy we let Tully and Babin go. Both are good players, but are limited.

6. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

We are becoming the Seattle Seahawks of the AFC and that's a bad thing.

A much of unknown players that only us Titans fan's know who they are.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

We signed 2 Seahawks players. lol

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'd like to see Gage upgraded but I'm thrilled with Hasselbeck and Ruud. Most of the others fall into the "adding depth with experience" category and I think they've done well so far.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

At least this season we don't have to read about how Donny Nickey is ruining the whole team over and over.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

just think if your spooning buddy was cut last year we could have kept Laaggaarreettee

The 2 street UFA Titans signed out played nickey on STs as well, plus the one made a few plays at LB.

nickey sucked, but I am not suprised you like him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar