Say Fisher leaves after this year?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PAtitansfan53, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gloat...

The roles of the head coach and OC are different. Does the head coach have a say in game planning and what style of offense we play? Of course but that doesn't mean he runs the whole offense.

Your story is interesting because dinger's last year in 04 was the year when we threw more passes than any other. The titans were 2nd in the entire nfl in pass attempts that year! Where is this whole concept of fisher ball coming from when we had back to back years in 04 and 05 when we threw almost 600 passes?

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The close games we won in 99 and 2000 were not so much superior coaching but rather simply being a better team. We often had the better defense and the better QB and great on the field leadership with guys like eddie, bruce, hoppy, marcus robertson and blaine bishop. I'm not saying that fisher didn't do a good job then but it didn't take great coaching to beat the bengals and browns every time back then.

I could counter with the close games lost like in 2005 when we lost 7 close games we could have won many of those against bad teams and won just one close game against the lowly texans.

3. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Brian Schottenheimer.

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Romeo Crennel could become available if the Browns suck this year.

I think he is a good coach but Frye and a young team are holding him back. He's had some tough luck with FA's like Bentley getting hurt and Schaffer playing below average ect. I think he can be a good coach and wouldn't mind him to be our coach assuming he doesn't go into cardiac arrest anytime soon.

5. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I hate to bring this up yet again since I already posted it in that other thread that will not be spoken of. You know, the one you kept ignoring all the way up until your final post. The Titans were 18th in total defense in '99 (along with only 15th in total offense). How is that great play? Sure, we are a nostalgic bunch here and remember all of those players being great, but the facts clearly show that, at least during the 1999 season, they were not that great at all. Yet still, we had great results.

Hmmm, that's odd. I count 4 close games (7 points or closer) that we lost in 2005. I guess if you definition of "close" is more than 10 points you might have a case. As far as us losing to bad teams in close games, I would argue that that is not the case. Again, you like using these ambiguous terms (what exactly is a bad team?) to make an argument. The only "bad" team in my estimation of the 4 was the Cleveland Browns.

Still, no one is saying Fisher's record is spotless. I am merely saying that we have some evidence to suggest that Fisher is a good coach.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

I'm convinced that Mike Singletary will be an excellent HC when someone finally gives him the opportunity.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You count only 4 close games? I count 7 because i watched those damn games. If you think we never had a chance to beat the mighty 6-10 cardinals you obviously didn't watch the game. I could care less if we lost by 10.

And why is 7 points the threshold for a close game there is the 2 point conversion today.

Rams-bengals-cards-raiders-browns-jags-seahawks

All games that were close the whole way and we had a chance to win. I know because i remember them.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

As always...victiimology..

Can anyone on this board ever comment about jeff fisher, steve mcnair or most of this organization without the constant whine of how poor we are and how we don't have the talent other teams do? Poor jeff fisher didn't have this or that, all those other coaches did. And poor steve never had a quality player on offense, the team was homeless ad nasueum. It's pathetic. When eddie was here we heard all day and night about how he didn't have a fullback, had to face 11 man fronts(We didn't have a QB?). You guys act like any success this team has is a monumental thing when you should be expecting it!

From now on i am going to sarcastically be jimmy schwartz biggest fan in red using the same line of crap i hear every day. Why does fisher get a pass because of talent but not schwartz?

Enough with this whoa is me garbage.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Fisher sucks!

To have a great coordinator like jimmy S and still have losing teams? Jimmy has done a great job of holding this team together despite tough times and no players. I think he should be the next head coach and to hell with fisher!

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I remember those games too... but gee...

McNair, uh.... I don't know how to say this...

He made a poor choice at the end of the Rams game.

The Bengals game was very close. The main thing I remember about that game was that I took my Dad with me.

Cardinals? The Titans are fortunate that one wasn't any worse than it was. It was like our guys forgot how to play.

The Raiders game was bad luck I guess. The momentum shift with the McNair fumble in the EZ coupled with the Pacman penalty... that was a spirit breaker.

The Titans looked like garbage playing the Browns. It was crazy windy. I remember that pathetic prayer of a Hail Mary that McNair chunked up as he was dragged to the ground at the end of regulation. Pathetic.

Jags? - I can't remember much at all about that one.

I remember us playing the Seahawks tight... but not tight enough. It was like watching a ship sink. The S'Hawks just kept moving the chains. When I left I felt like the Titans were put out of their misery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar