Say what now, WHAT? I got smoked by a Honda Civic!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No, you're thinking of an Aston Martin, not an Alfa.

Alfa Romeo is an Italian automaker that makes overpriced, underperforming cars.

You submitted a thread about racing, on a site whose members are mostly guys. What else did you expect? Seriously, I'm quite curious as to what you expected.

Boy, this explains soooooo much, I don't even know where to begin.
    Since I was able to go out and make my own friends in college w/o having to pay for them, I never needed to be in a fraternity. No offense frat guys.

You can thank the designer that Subaru hired during that time for that. And oddly enough, he was a designer for Alfa Romeo before that. I guess no one told him that he was working for Subaru and not Alfa anymore.
    You can see that crap in the first gen B9 Tribecca as well.

Although the 09 looks even worse. The WRX sedan looks like a Saturn now. And the STi 4 door hatch looks like a Mazda 3 now.

True but the list is growing...
    -Lancer Evolution (4.8)
    -WRX/STi (4.8)
    -370Z (4.8)
    -BMW 135i (4.8)
    -Corvette (not ZO6...4.8)
    -Ariel Atom 3 (2.9)
    -E46 M3 (4.9)
    That said, you can buy a car with > 5 second 0-60 (like an S2000), and spend the money on modifications to make it under 5 seconds and still be under 50K.

Nah. If she doesn't want to tell us, I'm not going to pry.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Don't knock the Alfa, it was my first car.

Then again, maybe I should knock it, it threw a rod in the engine at 14,000 miles. Damn Italians! Then again, it looked good.

3. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

At least the Ferraris, Lambos and Paganis' performance match their prices for the most part (when they want to start and run that is).

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

True the Aston Martin is the car best know for years associated with 007 but recently there was a hot Alpha driven in the 007 Quantum movie.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I did not know that. I haven't seen Quantum of Solace yet.
    However....Pierce drove BMWs in his first two films as Bond. But what I was saying is that whatever other car he drives, the Aston Martin will always be 007's signature vehicle.

6. jdog

jdog I like beer!

Agreed and the Aston goes all the way back to Sean Connery. If my memory serves me correctly one was driven in the original Italian job as the lead car.
    Either way I am a fan of "The Transporter" and an Audi guy.

7. __pg

__pg Digital Ninja

Yeah I puke a little when I see those things!

You'd love it! Opening scene...Alfa Romeo 159's running down a DBS...yeah right! Ruined it for me, yeah I know, it is a movie.

8. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

First of all, fraternities and sororities are not paying for friends. If you had pledged you would see that.

I suppose, in hindsight, I should have expected all the detailed car talk.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

If Fraternities and Sororities charge dues/fees, etc. then my previous statement stands. You are paying a social organization to be able to socialize with all the other paying members of that social organization.
    And I'm kinda surprised it took someone this long to get all defensive and bent out of shape about it.
    And concerning pledging, I used to belong to the world's biggest fraternity, the United States Marine Corps. Although I didn't pay them to get into it. They paid me.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Aston Martin is my dream car...*sigh*...it will never be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar