Scaife and Williams injured

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GLinks, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Wow, I hope we draft that guy. He looks really good. :drink:

2. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Young Limited in Practice

SUMMARY: Vince Young was limited today as the Titans returned to practice to prepare for the Chargers on Sunday. Young, who re-injured his right quadriceps last Sunday against the Colts, is confident he'll be ready. “We all have pain," Young said. “I really feel like I am a fast healer. … It is getting better. Overall I feel like the progress is good right now." When asked whether or not he could play of the game were today, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said: “Probably not. What’s good right now is he was able to participate in practice. That is essential," Fisher said. “We’ll try and keep him involved on the practice field."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Although Scaife's hands have been iffy a bit, he's better than the other two as a receiver (and I think about the same as a blocker compared to Troupe). Hartsock has dropped his share of easy passes for the number thrown his way, and he's not near the athlete Scaife is. Troupe has stone hands too, and finds a way to screw up. He's the best athlete, and we can hope he can find a way to put it all together, but I have doubt about him equaling what Scaife has done.

Maybe we find ways for other Receivers or backs to get more involved, but I think this is a significant loss.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im so glad someone finally got that up. i LOVE the crowd's reaction.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hartsock gets open and he looks surprised when he catches a ball he just stops with no one near him.

6. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

With this injury, i'd expect to see more of the spread O now, plus both Brown & White are banged up. Hopefully Fish does it.

7. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

:yes:

That is funny and accurate.

8. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I will be very surprised if our O is not spread like butter on Sunday.

I would like to see some mismatches with Troupe. I'm sitting here warring with what we've seen from Troupe versus his potential. We'll need him to be our Gates in this game. I say he needs a 3-5 catch game (maybe not totally Gates-esque, but certainly by comparison). We need some production out of him.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Fish ususally comes out in the playoffs with an offense that is the exact opposite of our strength. I always think back to the Ravens games where we would come out passing against their LB's. Sometimes we score, like against the Ravens, and other times we don't, like against the Rams. At least for the first series. I'd expect us to come out passing mid range to deep on the first series and then settling into our running game and short yardage passing plays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar