Scaife Getting the Franchise Tag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Well Bo, my hope is that you continue to progress in the league because most of the "Titans Faithful" wanted you gone before last season. They thought Alge Crumpler was still 25, with good knees. You'll get no slack in '09. Just be prepared for the reaction after that first drop, then get back in the huddle and prove them wrong again.

Once Crumpler was signed there were a ton of people who wanted Scaife gone. A few drops in '07 and they wanted him released. The Crumpler signing only added to their blindness. Only a few of us were vocal in support of Scaife.

Now, with the big salary, all those who ignorantly called for his release will be foaming at the mouth waiting for the slightest slip up. Boo's will reign down in Nashville when Bo drops his first pass, and all the nay-sayers will feel better about themselves for a minute and say "See, I told you so".

You'll see.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Could you pull up a quote where somebody literally wanted us to release this guy? I don't remember that.

3. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I think he's worth every penny!

4. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

I don't understand why most of the people don´t seem to value Bo. He's been one of the most, if not the most productive and consistent player in the team since he got in the league. He´s been a clutch player, he´s been healthy, he's got great hands and is as competitive as any TE in the league. He could have as many receptions as TG if we thtrew the ball his way more often.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm one of those guys that feels Scaife is pretty valuable and NOT easily replaced. The thing with Scaife is he is more of an H back and not a good in line blocker. If Scaife were on a team like the Colts he would shine IMO. The problem is we really need a guy more like Kinney was, a guy who can maul in the run game but still get you similar stats as Scaife catching the ball. Imagine a guy who can give you 58 catches for 600 yards and still knock people off the LOS in the run game? Kinney's last season with the team he had 55 catches for 543 yards. IMO that is what they hope Steven can give them.

6. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

I'm not quite sure why some people are under the impression that Scaife is not a solid blocking TE. I could careless if the guy blows up a LB,DB,or DE off the LOS on a run play,sure it looks good and he might make the highlight reel on espn, but is that really going to determine if hes a good blocker? As long as he blocks the guy in front of him and doesnt let him make the play then hes doing his job. I agree, Kinney was a beast at 6-5 275 but he was slow as molasses when he got the ball. Scaife is 6-3 250 which is pretty average when you look around the league at TE's and is pretty dam quick for his size. Our own great Frank Wycheck was the same height and weight as Scaife when he played for us and look how he turned out. I'm not sayin hes a superior blocker but he sure as hell doesnt suck at it,for the most part he does his job when his number is called and thats all you can ask for.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Titans got caught in a tough spot with Scaife. He's been very productive, yes - but he also disappeared in the last 5 or 6 games last year. He's been our most consistent receiver, but a receiving TE in this system should be. He's shown great flashes, but we haven't really seen enough to be confident in a long-term deal yet.

The Titans should have a sense of what teams are interested and what kind of offers he would get. My guess is we want more time to evaluate him to decide if he can become the TE we've been missing since Wycheck, and they knew if he hit the market we'd probably lose him. Even if he's not the answer for the long-term, we're not in a position to replace him easily right now. The tag probably makes sense here.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Yeah I'm hoping a deal can get worked out now before the season I always wanted Scaife to stay in Tennessee he's very underrated. the only other people I want signed now excluding AH is Fuller, King and Carr.

9. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

What I remember is that when we needed him in third downs, sometimes for some reason either he was not on the field or the ball was thrwon to somebody else, and that always puzzled me because the result was we had to punt.

10. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

I agree 100%, very underrated! If he had been able to walk, he would have been truly missed by this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar