Scaife Key to Titans Offensive Attack

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Bo Scaife is the only tight end in NFL history to rush for a touchdown, catch a touchdown, return a kickoff, and record a tackle in the same season.

I think people forget that he played for Texas, and any kid who makes the UT football team is pretty damn good to begin with. You don't just end up playing for Texas. You earn it.

Scaife attended J. K. Mullen High School in Denver. He earned Parade All-American, Gatorade Circle of Champions Colorado Player of the Year, Rocky Mountain News Colorado Offensive Player of the Year and second team All-USA honors at tight end by USA Today as a senior. Also two-time first team Colorado 5A All-State selection by Denver Post. Scaife led his team to Colorado 5A state title as a senior, while catching 62 passes for 1,400 yards and 19 touchdowns and rushing for 250 yards on 20 carries and one touchdown.

You bring that kind of Pedigree, you expect big things at every level.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

and his jersey spells his name!

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I'll wager a bet with you...10 bucks says he goes to Baltimore

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

does he hate his family as much as Mason does???

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The Titans should try and do whatever it takes to keep Scaife. The TE will always be big in the Titans offense and Crumpler doesn't have much left. Stevens might turn out OK but he will probably never be the offensive player Scaife is. Scaife is to us what Dallas Clark is to Indy. My guess is Dinger would fight to keep Scaife. Otherwise we better start looking for another pass catching TE.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Stevens hasn't shown much yet. Keeping Scaife needs to be a priority. I personally don't think the Titans (or any other team) will be able to keep their UFAs from testing the market.

7. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Scaife is probably a Top 10 TE in the league, but I wouldn't go nuts trying to keep him.........and I was one of the few who couldn't understand why so many people were writing him off last year.

He'll get better offers, but that doesn't mean that the Titans offer to him won't be a good one.

8. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

I think we try to keep him. We like our TEs. And I don't think we should let him go anywhere for a while

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar