Scaife signs tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

troupe's head might explode the first time gruden calls in a play.

2. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

i agree with RT that we need to put an end to this trend of releasing players, but i think its all in fear of falling into cap hell. MR might think he's a genius for staying in the green but unless we start scoring the only fan he'll have on his side would be the team's accountant. What a waste it is walking into the season $30-$40 mil under the salary cap.

Pull out the check book Seinfeld, Bo in definitely worth his asking price.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

gruden might actually know how to use the guy, unlike our staff. Having him in for blocking assignments. Just stupid.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

i disagree completely. the dude was a total bust. he's so dumb, i bet he couldn't even play madden.

5. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

cant believe we let troupe walk, he was a good follow up from kinney, then he just kinda faded in 07 with scaife on board. Good lock up bringing scaife back for the year, were gonna have a solid te core this year which should mean nothing but good things for vince.

6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Troupe was soooo inconsistant and he clearly never meshed with our young QB like Scaife did. Why on Earth should we have brought him back?

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I think, Troupe would've never worked here. The coaching staff never played him. Maybe he couldn't learn the plays and was stupid, he definately ran wrong routes on some of the few times he was in the game. He isn't a good blocker, which doesn't complement our O.

But maybe in Tampa he could be successful. I can't write him off as a bust yet, because he can make some plays.

But since I don't think we would've ever used him, I think cutting him was the right choice. If he was gonna be 3rd TE behind Crumpler/Scaife what was the point.

This is the best I've felt about the TE's going into a season since Wycheck retired.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Alex, what is so painful about troupe is that after his first 2 years here he looked like he was going to be that big time receiver that we hoped for. Over 30 catches as a rookie and over 50 the next year looked like the standard progression to stardom and then the bottom drops out, wtf.

He wasn't too dumb to give us over 500 yards receiving in 05. The coaches have to get some blame on this..

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with you. I think it's an issue of Fisher favortism, again, deciding who plays and who doesn't.

Thing is, even if Troupe was a hopeless moron that couldn't learn a playbook and run a right route... why didn't we just give him 5 plays and use him a couple times a game? I figure the fact he isn't a good blocker must've been the reason.

10. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

He had until 4/18/08 to sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar