Scaife Signs Tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Just heard it.

2. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Yeah, per Kuharsky on facebook.

Maybe we can still use him as bait for a 2nd rounder?

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He just signed his tender. It's not exactly huge news. No team was going to sign him to an offer sheet.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Getting him to sign now might mean nothing or that a deal might be in the works.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

wouldn't this be better titled "Scaife signs tender (means nothing) "?

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Done. :yes:

7. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Scaife signs his monster tender

[​IMG]I first learned through Adam Schefter’s report that Bo Scaife has signed his $4,908,200 restricted free agent tender.

That’s a 10 percent raise for Scaife on what he made in 2009, when the Titans franchised him to prevent him from hitting the market as an unrestricted free agent -- and an excellent salary for him. The last year of the CBA changed the parameters for free agency and Scaife moved backward, to restricted status.

I am sure he’d rather have a long-term deal, with the Titans or someone else, but I’m not sure he’d get the sort of contract that would line up with the salaries of 2009 and 2010. After this year he will have made over $9.3 million in two seasons, more than I imagine he could have made in the first two years of a free-agent deal last year.

To me, Scaife’s not as dynamic as he was earlier in his career. But he’s still a valuable cog, especially with Vince Young at quarterback. Jared Cook is unproven, Craig Stevens is a blocking tight end and Alge Crumpler remains unrestricted.

I’m hoping to write more about the Titans at tight end later this week, so please stay tuned.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I do not get why we have spent so much money on this guy the last 2 years? He is a good player but not a franchise or even a great player. We have paid this guy like a pro bowler and I really dont get it.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

see : Jeff Fisher WTF !!!

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Good point Puck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar