Scaife Signs Tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

really? a raise? i mean this guy is solid but youd think he was a top 5 TE or something? he might not even be a top 10:rolleyes: i dont think i'll ever understand JF....

on a side note, anyone wanna bet we draft another TE this year?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You do realise that he is getting a pay rise because of the tender.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Dont you mean; "He is a good player, not a franchise player anywhere but in Tennessee. We have paid this guy like a Pro Bowler and I really don't get Jeff Fisher.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

was Cook a waste?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's franchised so we can look to trade him instead of getting him for nothing.

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Sigh this franchise is hopeless with these guys running it this way. Absolutely pathetic.

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Going into last season keeping Scaife was a no brainer.. He was TNs top receiver and this was prior to Washington and Britt. Now the team can unload him to replace the missing #2. Are you able to make a single post without crying about Fisher?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Scaife's tender is for a RFA not a franchise player.

I would like someone to tell me how tendering him as a franchise player last year and now a RFA hurts the team at all? It's not our money and over the 2 year period his average salary will be $4.6M.

How is paying a starting player an average salary of $4.6M that big of a deal? There is no cap and his pay is all salary paid over the course of a season not in a lump sum.

Eugene Amano gets $12M this year in salary and bonus. Hope is making $5.5M in salary. Nate Washington was signed to a $4.5M a year deal.

So what is so "WTF" about paying a solid starting player that kind of money? I don't think it is excessive at all.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I can't believe he placed the ball down. Weak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar