Scaife Signs Tender

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Stephenson, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

its what I have been whinging about all season. Didn't even grab for the ball, went for the owie on his leg.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Which is great 'if' we unload him.

If we don't, Stevens and Cook will spend another year wasted on the sidelines.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not if we don't resign Crumpler.

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'd rather have Crumpler than Scaife.

Crumpler won't take away playing time from Cook.

I guess I'm not really a fan of Scaife and Crumpler was fantastic as a blocker last season.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Assuming we have Scaife, Cook and Stevens. I think when we go the 2 TE set it will be Scaife and Cook the majority of the time.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only problem with that is you then have the two worst blocking TEs in the game. The Titans are a running team first and a passing team second. They like having at least one TE in the game that is a real good blocker.

Crumpler is a nice guy to have because he is a real good blocker but he can also catch the occasional pass if needed.

I do think with CJ and VY we should run more of a spread offense with Scaife or Cook or both in the game. This gives the offense plenty of options. However, the Titans haven't done as much of that over the years. If Cook can improve his blocking to the point he is a viable force we got a guy who can split out and beat a LB on a pass or line up tight and still block for the run.

7. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Yea, I'm a little on the fence about the whole blocking TE vs sending a TE out to take a LB back into coverage.

I love Crumpler, but it does seem that the nature of our run game has changed dramatically with CJ and VY. This isn't Eddie George pounding it up the middle anymore. Our 2 top runners work off the notion of space and angles, and teams are trying to neutralize them with numbers - clog the lanes with linemen, LBs and a safety. It almost seems like it would be ok to have Scaife & Cook running patterns designed to occupy LBs to free up running lanes. I think Scaife can block well enough at times for that to work when we need to keep him in to block - it would be nice if Cook could get there as well.

8. Titans80

Titans80 Do ya thang!

That really shows!!!::suspect: Its obvious that Cook is your guy and has been since you came on the scene, and all your negative post about Scaife, but he like everyone else Cook has to prove himself. Scaife has already done that, so what is your point besides "hatin on Scaife". Actually, I see the combination of both doing a great job for the Titans this year.

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Cook didn't do anything to make me doubt him. In his limited time of play he seemed to do things right. He also looked pretty explosive on that winning touchdown drive against the Cardinals. Hawk looked explosive too.

I think its time to start giving both of them a shot.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You got me. I 'came' on the scene after we drafted Cook because i love him so much.:biglaugh::pop:

Scaife and Cook are vying for the same roll in our offense. Scaife is the pass catcher Crumpler is the blocker.

After Cook's pre season I wanted to see more. He looks like a potential Dallas Clark/Jason Witten TE.

Scaife is a good player. Solid but nothing special. If you see that as 'hatin' I think you're a little odd.

It's just my opinion and I know it goes against the grain. I make no apologies for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar