Schefter says Titans contacted Jamarcus Russell

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

Rusty > Jarmarcus by default lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Such a waste of arm strength and size he was. I actually thought he would be a really good QB in the NFL when he finally reached "his ceiling".

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I thought the same too and it is a shame with what happened with him. It just proves that accuracy > Strength of arm. You can have a big arm and it won't mean sh** if you can't hit a wide out. Here is a prime example

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I would rather bring up Rusty as a third QB for several reasons.One is having to choose between David Carr or Jamarcus Russell shows just how horrible the options are at this point.Two Rusty already knows our playbook and system so he would be the best choice.Three since Rusty has been here going on four years now he would be a lot more comfortable and ready to play compared to some street free agent who has never even been around the team or knows any of the players or staff.Finally if Rusty has been here four years played in countless preseason games with our good defense he should at least be an effective game manager if not asked to do too much.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Schefter is drunk.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Not really.

Dude would have to work his ass off to regain the respect of some fans. I don't think you'd have any behavior issues. If he didn't work out it would be because of his performance.

Locker's our QB. He'd only be a backup.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Also i was thinking Charlie Batch came in for years at Pittsburgh and was effective i was surprised he wasn't an option.There are others including Pat White that i would contact before i would bring in someone like Carr or Russell.Dennis Dixon or Tyler Thigpen would've been other options.As far as Russell goes yeah Schefter must be drunk.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

josh freeman is the only choice for all these qb needy teams guy threw 27 td's last year. The Bucs coach thinks he is still coaching college look at the patriots best corner back...................Tampa gave him away because he could not get along with a freaking Rutgers coach

9. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Freeman just might bounce back if he gets a shot on a team with good receivers and a head coach who is on the same page.He seemed to be doing good until Schiano got there.He will definitely get another chance.

10. Roy322

Roy322 Starter

why was that a surprise munch had said they were going to contact and bring some quarterbacks in. My problem was the Titans are playing great and all they can say is we have contacted russell they didnt say we brought in david carr they just pick what they want because they have no clue about the Titans ,,,,,,,,,,,Go Blue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar