Schwartz Given Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

It is stories like this that make me wish for a smile that would take a gun and blow his head off. You Know, so I could demonstrate how I truely feel. How about it Jeff think we can get one of those?

2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

More food for thought (borrowed from fireschwartz.com...a great site!)
    In the three games Haynesworth missed in 2007:
    Total defense ranking: 28
    Total rushing defense ranking: 32
    Total points scored against ranking: 32
    Record: 0-3

3. mdfan

mdfan Starter

4. dontdraftcutler

...we can only hope...and pray...for the Skins to see the light and hire Schwartz :clown: as their head guy. He's perfect for the job...not to mention he is a genius :suspect: We would just have to settle for Gregg Williams for a DC...:woohoo:

5. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz has been given a two-year contract extension. The Titans defense, after finishing 32nd in total yards surrendered in 2007, rose to the fifth best last season in that category. Schwartz interviewed this year for the head coach openings in Washington, Miami and Atlanta. Financial details of the extension were not available. Schwartz's previous contract with Tennessee had expired.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I feel as tho he earned it. I have no problems with the decision. I would myself prefer a more aggressive Defense, but as long as it's working, no need to change it.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I know this has been reported but I had heard nothing from a local source until this today from Titans Radio.

Also, I thought Schwartz had another year or two on his previous contract.

8. dontdraftcutler

:crazy: :doh: :disbelief

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Shoot me now please!

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Schwartz 1Z T3h /\/\4|\| :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar