Schwartz Given Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, i really do....but I think we may end up regretting this decision before too long.

2. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Not if you have the ability to number one. Not saying that we should have the number ranked defense just pointing out that underachieving is not reflected in using stats to assess one.

Hell yes, to the second question!

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I have been regretting it the past 3-4 seasons. :irked:

4. bgtitanfan

bgtitanfan Guest

hey if he made our D to be top 5 this season and last seaon we did good 2, i dont c y not. maybe this season we will b top 3. i think he deserved it.

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

HAYNESWORTH made the D good this year. Not Jim freaking Schwartz.
    Look at every time Haynesworth was out of the game. How well did Schwartz' strategy work then? We went from top 5 to bottom 5 instantly when Albert sat down.

The talent on the field earned the top 5 d. Not Schwartz. He made it 5 instead of 3 due to giving up tons of yards and points in the 2nd half anyway.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

maybe the realization has come forth that Chief RED Hat does indeed have a stellar strategy ... AS LONG AS the pieces of the puzzle are in place

I'm not so sure, as I'm pretty sure this defense would have performed just as well with any other NFL caliber DC .... the trick being, how well could someone else have adjusted for the times when we were without Albert

when you face adversity .... you should adjust accordingly
    Jim Schwartz doesn't do that

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I've just spent the entire day moving around a project site with blizzard and white out snow conditions.....caught a cold due to deep snow and wet feet...on the bright side, at least I find out about the Schwartz extension today. Oh well, one step forward, two steps back....

Hope everyone is ok down there....some pretty serious stuff went through western and middle TN last night.

8. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i need to get this off my chest before i say anything else... THANK GOD THE GIANTS BEAT THE PARIOTS IN THE SUPERBOWL...

9. CheeseheadTitan

Try since 2001, when I first decided this guy needed to go. I will never forget the site of Charlie Batch passing like Johnny Unitas to bring the mighty Lions back into the game. I believe that his ineptitude was a major contributor to the sidetracking of the 2003 season, when I thought we had the most talented team in the AFC. In my opinion, the guy is a slug, and apparently will continue to be a slug for two more years.

But don't mind me....I am on cold medicine.

10. CheeseheadTitan

AMEN...the Belichek press snub....err conference was priceless to watch. Nice things happen to nice people, and visa versa.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar