Schwartz Given Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

It's not about worse coaches. Who is better and available??? I'm not trying to trash you, but this is the part that a lot of Schwartz bashers leave out.
  2. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Go Cutler!

Gregg Williams WAS available, but we blew that one. :irked:
  3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

This is sort of like saying "who's better than Bush?". Sometimes it's not about 'who's better?'. It's about 'who could be worse?'.
  4. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

And I still think the glass is half full.
  5. Hoffa

Hoffa Not Family?Then freak you you freakin' freak

Nothings better than bush...
  6. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

For a team looking for a Superbowl run, it's "who's better???". "Who could be worse" should be reserved for rebuilding years.
  7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Williams would have been great back here, and by all accounts, the Titans were interested. He signed with Jacksonville though, and is no longer available. After a top five defensive performance, Schwartz likely looked just as good. Schwartz and Williams were both vying for a HC position, and both are still DC's.
  8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Starter Tip Jar Donor

And we are probably going to just keep looking for that Superbowl run, until we upgrade this position. I am not the expert on available defensive coach talent in the NFL (outside of the obvious....like the new Jags DC before he became the new Jags DC), but I have a hard time believing that there is NO ONE better and available. Maybe not someone who is currently or has been a DC, but I am sure that there are good young D-Position coaches out there that could move into this and be a step up.

This is all a moot point anyway....we are stuck with the slug for two more years....unless anyone out there wants a HC.....please!!!
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor Tip Jar Donor

Schwartz looked like anyone would be better while Fat Albert was out 3 weeks getting his truck detailed.
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

That's a very true statement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.