Schwartz Given Two-Year Extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

This was a moot point two pages ago, and is still a moot point. We are stuck with the slug for two more years.

I hope I am wrong here, and will be the first to admit if I am, but nothing I have seen in his entire tenure here (pretty much as a slug) changes my opinion, which I pretty much have maintained since 2001.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

with haynesworth we were 5th, without him we went right back to where we were last year, last.

the first eight games with haynesworth healthy: 15.5 points per game given up. also inflated by the fourth quarter schwartzing against houston.

the three games without haynesworth: 32.33 points per game given up.

last five games with haynesworth post-injury: 15.2 points per game given up. this too was inflated by the schwartzing of the chargers game.

if you want to lie to yourself and say schwartz was the reason the defense was improved this year, go ahead.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

uh. All the evidence supports this, Schwartz.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

In the last five games, the defense gave up 15.2 points a game on average, yet Haynesworth had one sack and ten tackles TOTAL over the last five games. Now, why is that??? We could all see that he was playing spot duty, and he was basically average at best when he was playing those last five games, so why do some pretend like he was this maniacal force that brought our respectability back during that final stretch???

He only proved to be in those last five games to be what he's been most of his pro career i.e. a big body that fills the middle. Don't get me wrong. During the first half of the season, he was definitely dominate, and a worthy all-pro. He never fully recovered from his injury, however. Some of you will simply go to great lengths not to give Schwartz any credit.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I got your evidence swingin'. :nana2:

6. Kid Gloves

Kid Gloves Guest

I think it's simple. With AH; we can run the type of D we want to. Without him, we can't. When he's in, the D doesn't have to worry about his area of responsibilities and can attack from other angles.

7. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I could understand that excuse more if we were talking about a DB, but D-Line is different. In limited capacity, Haynesworth was better than Starks. Somehow, I'm the only one who remains unimpressed.

Let's remember, this about Schwartz, and how Haynesworth saved his career. :rolleyes:

8. Deuce Wayne

So, Jim. How does it feel to be your only supporter?

9. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Keep fighting the good fight. You're gaining ground on this argument...

10. Deuce Wayne

This argument has been over for about 4 years.

you're the only one left on your side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar