Schwartz Head Coach Interview Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Schwartz front-runner in DC?

http://www.nbcsports.com/portal/sit...110VgnVCM100000dc032c03RCRD&vgnextfmt=default

You can move this to the Rumor-Mill if ya want too Jeff.

Just listening to Sports-talk radio up here in VA & reading all the articles, it seems like the 'Skins really like Jimbo. I think Snyder will actually smarten up & not go for the "flashy" hire this time around as going with the young & bright assistant is the "in" thing in the league right now. We'll see though.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Coach Schwartz did this, both in the first half (before offensive adjustments) and second half (after offensive adjustments). That worked out really well for us, including last week. For the majority of the seven years here (04 and 05 excepted) he was able to turn a talented group of individuals into an average to mediocre defense. This year the players really stepped up, but were limited due to Schwartz's lack of ability to adjust to the other team's adjustments.

I say we take up a collection to help the other teams pay for his travel expenses during the interview. All I would want in return is that the team keeps the red hat. The defense could begin a ritual of stomping on it before each game.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Are you kidding me???? Who in their right mind......oh yeah, Daniel Snyder. Maybe he is trying to make the Skins fans forget about Spurrier (as the biggest coaching flop in their history).

In any event, if Mr. Snyder is monitoring this site... Coach Schwartz is a great coach, a true leader, and very quick thinker. He is destined to be your head coach. He LOVES the DC area, and would fit in very well. I couldn't think of a more capable replacement for a living legend like Joe Gibbs (sort of like Phil Bengston replacing Vince Lombardi.....errr....I mean Jimmy Johnson replacing Tom Landry). If you would like I even offer to drive him to DC myself, since I know that he is so much in demand that other teams may take him away from you.

Regarding Greg Williams....I would be happy to pick him up in DC and drive him back to Nashville. I would love to have him back here.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Funny, we bashed schwartz to no end for having the 32nd ranked defense last year but want like hell to hire the guy who had the 31st ranked defense last year. The redskins were 31st in 06..

If we are going to bash him when we have a poor defense then give him credit for seasons like this last one.

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would if the Defense showed up the 3 weeks the All-Pro DT was out. Played like the 2006 32nd ranked D during those three weeks.

Was it the players, or was it the DC?

Players without a doubt

Read where Fisher expects a big improvement from Chris Henry this off-season. In my world improvement means getting better.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cheesehead, be careful when talking about redskin history this is a team that has been in washington since 1937. From 1946-1970 they had just 3 winning seasons.

In recent redskins history richie pettibon has to be considered the worst coach, 4-12.. Synder's worst coaching decision was not keeping shottenheimer and there were many owners and GMs that would have gladly hired spurrier..

Snyder gets bashed a lot here but his team since he bought it has had as many playoff appearences as losing seasons and a couple of 8-8 years. They are also the most financially successful franchise in the league and have first rate facilities..

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

gOT

Nit picking as usual. Maybe we can find a quarter when the defense was really bad.

Nobody with half a brain can say that our defense didn't achieve at least to the level of talent or better. The bottom line is that our defense finished 5th and our team 10-6. There is nothing to whine about.

We lost hope for part of the season and didn't have pacman at all.

9. mdfan

mdfan Starter

from the WRC website

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Teams like to hire system guys. If they like jeff fisher then they will want a coach who has worked with him for 7 years and will do things the same way. Look at all the parcells-belechick guys out there and guys who have worked under bill walsh.

Snyder has always tried to win quickly by picking up older free agents and marquee head coaches but he really needs to build that team through the draft..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar