schwartz must go: the 2007 edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

This is getting old. The dude has had too many seasons of failures, and the dude quite plainly sucks as a DC. To his credit though, he has become more aggressive in his play calling (sans past weekends 4 quarter), and the players have not given up on him YET, like they did last year, so I guess he can hang out until the end of the season, if we don't have anymore debacles.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

So the light bulb came on for Schwartz this season, eh? Comical.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

The light came on in terms of him realizing that it's ok to blitz.

I have posted many reasons why IMO the defense is playing much better and the only credit I give Schwartzie is posted above. If i need to I will go get those posts so I can make my point a little clearer (feeling too lazy right now to type it all again)

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Cool. It wasn't ALL Schwartz fault. I don't think anyone was really trying to say that. But I certainly feel it's ok to criticize Schwartz after the horrible letdown.

I don't feel like it's garbage to discuss Schwartz removal AFTER the season. It's too early to judge or say for sure, but sunday reminded us all of the faults this defense has had over the past few seasons.

I'm also surprised how many people refer to the 4th quarter as a "fluke". To me it seems more like a pattern of failure creeping it's way back into what has been an otherwise great defensive season.

5. TitanJeff

I am willing to bet Schwartz is actually blitzing LESS this season so far. Reason being, he is getting pressure with his front four. That pressure is the difference along with more run support from the corners.

6. TitanJeff

Right now? Ranked #6 in the league?

How many times would Hope fall down and Lowry have a brain cramp on that play? Total fluke.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yes, right now, after allowing 29 fourth quarter points.

I agree, that play is unlikely to happen again. But you are talking about one play. The whole quarter was not a fluke. The whole quarter was pathetic defense all around.

8. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Our Defense is the only reason we've won anything all year... Prolly bout time to start crying about Chow!

9. TitanJeff

Nuff said.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

excellent points. I usually can't make them without tossing a few verbal daggers around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar