schwartz must go: the 2007 edition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

That was a crappy quarter but it looked a lot more like the players became lazy than anything. Up until that point we completely dominated the Texans... We've been pretty damn good on D all year, really. We still have the best run D in the league and that's solid. I don't see that there's much to wine about this year as far as Defense is concerned. We are playing better than anyone predicted.

2. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

Dont confuse 'lazy' with 'prevent'. They are one in the same.

Our defensive backs are NOT good enough to drop back into deep zone coverage. Fact.

Our LBs are better pass rushers and run stoppers than defensive backs. Asking them to drop back into a zone coverage is like asking a blind man to play chess.

If we continue to play this way (all-out 1st half/nonexistant 2nd half), and we DONT go for the throat (end-zone), that 4-2 will end up being 6-10...a place where a LOT of people thought we would end up last year.

The major reason why our defense is playing better than last year? Personell tweaks (DBs mainly) and a fire under the DL, particularly, Haynesworth.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Texans had four plays in the fourth quarter which were completions over 20 yards with two over 40. On those plays, the DL was gassed or totally dominated by the same OL who had been spanked for the three previous quarters. No one got pressure. Rosenfels had all day.

No secondary in the league is going to be able to cover receivers who get that much time to get open.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm sure it didn't help our DL when their OL realizes our LBs are just going to drop back 5 yards and stand there. Probably made it a lot easier to hold and know those blocking assignments when they realized there was no chance outside pressure was going to come.

Rosenfels seemed to be getting the ball away quickly to me on several of the plays.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Hence, Blitzing, which we have all agreed that Schwartzie didn't do or was reluctant to do with the lead. This is where the chess match of coaching comes into play, and he got check mated (if that's a word). He saw the D line was tired, and even rotated guys in, but there still was no presure. Blitzing still was not an option. They had all of their guys out in patterns too, 5 blockers on 4 pass rushers, when we needed pressure. If not for.....umph, swallow, ummm...can't believe I get to say this....Kerry collins, making some plays down the field, then we would have caught an L.

6. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Bring Back Gregg Williams

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar