schwartz throws a hissy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Welcome to the board!!!!

Welcome to the board! And nice post!!!

Gut

2. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's break down the famous draw play. I watched it again last night. Bulluck was on the outside, and dropped off into pass coverage. He never took a look in the backfield to see if a run was going to happen. By the time he realized what was happening it was too late. It's hardly fair to blame Swartz because one player didn't adjust.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

It's always about Bulluck... Did he sleep with your girl or something Thunder? :lol:

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

If he drops into coverage you'd assume that's his responsibility, you can't instruct someone to play both the run and pass as his primary objective. While it is possible that someone missed an assignment, the defensive formation doesn't suggest it in my mind. Whenever Schwartz goes with only 3 down linemen it's either massive zonecoverage or, and a lot less frequent, a blitz of some sort. We saw neither on this play.

5. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Fightintitan and Tnthunder

You just don't get it. These guys not only have read a book, they spent the night in a Holiday Inn Express.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

To believe a LB only has one responsibility is naive. That's like saying a safety only has to play deep passes. Most LB's sneak a look into the backfield to determine if the play is a run or a pass. I am not saying he wasn't supposed to have coverage, but he is also responsible for run support.

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

You are paranoid. We were discussing that one play, the draw, he just happened to be the one on that side. I am sorry if you can't accept your hero makes mistakes sometimes.

8. Its obvious you never played football before lol

If you go with 3 lineman, on a 3rd down, its likely you're about to do a zone.

Thats Bullucks job to drop back.

Why, cause the draw could have easily been faked and ball thrown down field.. it was just a bad defensive call.

MJD is fast and can get 5 yards in an INSTANT!

9. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

It's absurd to say that I don't think he makes mistakes. I know he does. But he's been our most consistent player for years, and IMO, you're too hard on him. All he does is make plays year in and year out and shows up for every game.

Everyone is guilty of making mistakes on this team, why are you only discussing his flaws? He is the lesser of all evils.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

To repeat AGAIN, I was discussing the draw play, he just happened to be the one on that side. I can't invent things or make up different players to make you happy. I just relate what I saw. I discuss flaws of a lot of people on this team if you read my posts. I have agreed Sirmon is too slow, but has good knowledge, Tulloch is very fast and physical, but makes rookie mistakes, Bulluck is very good in coverage, but doesn't play the run well. I haven't seen any glaring problems with Thornton. Happy now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar