schwartz throws a hissy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That philosophy is no different than when he used the prevent to hold big leads in 2003.

His job isn't to put up big stats, it's to help win games.

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Wycheck sucks... And those words sounds like they are coming from a desperate man.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Yes...

The PLAYERS found a way to get turnovers. He didn't. He had a few good calls in the game (blitzing Bulluck on 4th and short for example) but we still had way too many scheme problems...from running bad stunts, to RH being allowed to get toasted deep down the field, to creating a huge gap on the DL big enough for my car to drive through, ect.

Maybe if his D didn't give up 21 points in a half, we wouldn't have to come back from that much down!

Interesting that winning is all that matters...so what was he saying the first 5 weeks of the season?

BTW, we gave up about 200 yds...on the ground! Not good!!!

Gut

4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

True, but if you have the statistically worse D in the league...you are NOT helping to win games.

He's more part of the problem than he is part of the solution. An avg DC would get better production out of this talent. We are certainly not the LEAST talented group on defense...and yet statistically that's where we've been the last 3 years despite constant additions of talent to the D.

Gut

5. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Like I have stated before, if stats don't count, tell me how every super bowl winner since the salary cap has been ranked 8th or lower in scoring defense with the mean of 3.25?

Stats don't tell the whole story, I agree, but they do paint a very accurate picture.

6. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

If we don't get great individual plays from some of our guys, and have some pure luck, we get blown out like 30 to 3...

7. I guess he didn't help hold the Colts to 14 and 17 points? He had nothing to do with the defense playing well today? He didn't have anything to do with a good effort defensively against the Eagles? He sat back and let the players do all the work in the Giants comeback?

Some fans just love to criticize the coaches when there are problems but don't give any credit when things go well. Coaches don't miss tackles, blow coverages, or get blown up, but they take the blame when it happens. So when it doesn't happen, they get no credit for success?

8. No one says that bad defenses win championships. But lots of good ones don't win every single year.

Wins are the only real goal. Everything else is a means to the end.

9. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

Why dont some of you give it a rest...not only does Schwartz not give a ..... what you think of him, neither does Fisher or some of us other fans. The defense just won a game and all you want to do is *****!!! Try and enjoy this run.

10. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

LOL... David Garrard won the game for us... Get your facts straight... ;)

And please, don't mistake my cynicism as I am unhappy with our efforts. I am happy with our efforts. It's our results which bothers me. Bascially, we have won the past five games with a whole lot of heart, good luck, and determination.

And yes, you should care what I say. Because I love the Titans, and I complain because they can do better than JS...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar