schwartz throws a hissy

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

LOL...Oh, I am sorry, I did not realize that he was giving us the touchdowns. Get your facts straight, the defense won the game. DG did not give it to us! Did not know you were a GM or Head Coach of a team and had such great knowledge of who, how, what, when and where of running a pro team.

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I cannot for the life of me understand how you can look at how the turnovers today occurred and come away believing that they had anything to do with coaching a defensive scheme.

Regardless of who is coaching, Pacman is supposed to be covering receivers. He did that well.

Regardless of who is coaching, DTs are supposed to sack a QB. Forcing a fumble is icing on the cake.

And it's not like our opponents have been held to simple field goals when they score.

JS defenders remind me of that MP and Holy Grail skit with the rabbit....Like Schwartz is in the locker room going "okay if we all scurry around in zones, the QB may become so cross that he'll make a mistake!"
    Garrard throws to the wrong color, and JS is supposed to get credit for it? How does that translate into defensive improvement? Are we ranked so low because we haven't made enough QBs mad enough to throw balls at us? Shall we scurry more, Jim?

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

No avvie you're completly wrong, Schwartz clearly called the plays specifically: "Pacman to intercept in the flat", "Thornton to force fumble 10 yards downfield", it was all part of his master plan, his amazing scheme dictated exactly when and where Garrard would cough it up....

ohhh wait let me just get back to the real world.

Pacman makes a great break on a slightly underthrown ball. If that ball is high and to outside shoulder of the receiver, it would have been much more difficult for Pac to get to it.
    Hope's receiver makes a break for the post pattern, Garrard apparently reads corner or something else and puts the ball right in Hope's hands.
    Finnegan picks up a fumble caused by Thornton when tackling Garrard from behind after he's scrambled for about 10 yards.

Aside from Bullucks blitz on 4th down and Fuller's blitz on a 3rd down, Schwartz playcalling did nothing to win us this game.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Oh and let's hope Schwartz hissyfit is a sign of unhappiness with his production also inside the organisation.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I would like an explination for the DL set on that ONE play where both the RDE and WLB lined up a yard or so OUTSIDE the LT, the closest DT was on the C and the MLB was shaded to the strong side. This created a HUGE gaping hole on the right side of the line, and of course the kittens were more than eager to gash that gap for like 10, and it was the easiest 10 they ever got as there was absoutly nobody at all on that side. If it was a scheme - IT SUCKED, if a player was not set properly then BENCH HIM. I assume it was a player not set properly and I also will assume there will be no accountability.

FWIW I have been banging the Schwartz must go drum since the day he was given the job, but I have never said he does not care. He obviously does care and in that one category he would be hard to replace.

6. maximus

maximus Starter

Hey, there are kids on here ;)

7. Fair is fair. If you are going to criticize him because one of his players blows a coverage, then why don't you credit him when they make a play?

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:whoop: :icon_spin:stars::sleepy:

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

When have we ever done that? We only criticize him for keeping players on the field who blow coverages, like Lamont Thompson, or are too slow to play like Sirmon, when that happens.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the ZONE has got to go !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar