Schwartz wants Titans DC job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Jan 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Orakpo is one of the best players on our D and we just signed him to a relatively big contract. He had a nice year going 'til Morgan got hurt and now we want to make our best outside pass rusher play a non-pass rushing position?

Not a smart idea. If this were Madden, sure you could move him to SLB in a 4-3 and move him to DE in Nickel to pass rush but in real life, you would force a lot of free agents to hesitate to come here when we might simply switch schemes again and force them to play a position that they aren't great at and don't want to play...not to mention...where is our pass rush coming from? Bosa?

So in switching schemes, we nullify our best pass rusher and have to spend our #1 pick on a DE? Not a smart use of resources...even if you ignore the rest. If Rak was cool with it, then maybe, but only guy I'd do it for is McDermot from the Panthers. Not for Schwartz!!!

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

NO SCHWARTZ!!! Not a good coach. Not sure if you lived thru those years as a titans fan but he needs great talent to have good defenses. I can do that!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

When other teams have injuries, the units coached by very good coaches usually don't land in the bottom 5! Just say NO!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It wouldn't be a set back per say, but certainly would flush everything our defense has learned right down the toilet... I like the 34, gives you more exotic looks which in turn should make it harder on the other team...

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Statistical Jim? I don't think so.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

No to HC, no to DC. In other words....

NO.

7. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Statistical Jimbo - LOLS !! Chuck Cecil - Mega-LOLS !! Whatever next , bring Fishface back too ? No thanks. I'd like to end my days in a condo in Playa Del Carmen just up the road from Bieber's place but that isn't going to happen either.

8. EnglandTitan66

EnglandTitan66 "The Plump Prince"

Statistical Jimbo - LOLS !! Chuck Cecil - Mega-LOLS !! Whatever next , bring Fishface back too ? No thanks. I'd like to end my days in a condo in Playa Del Carmen just up the road from Bieber's place but that isn't going to happen either.

9. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

Defense rankings are by total yards allowed, I stand by my post. In 08 his defense was overall number 7 in yards allowed and 2 in points allowed, in 07, 5th and 8th respectively. I do apologize as I looked at 09 mistakenly. Either way he turned the defense around here in his last 2 seasons and definitely turned the Lions around.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

All stats are ranked, not just yards. if you want to ignore the most important defensive stat (points) because the NFL spoon feeds fans yards, have fun.

Also, you and everyone else should look at his BODY of work, not just the last 2 seasons after finishing bottom 5 three years in a row - getting us higher draft picks.

If you want a guy who will do well with a loaded roster but be near the bottom with an average one...have fun. Inconsistent coaches who fall apart under less than ideal situations is WHY he got fired and spent the last season on his couch!

Pass!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar