Schwenke says ankle surgery likely

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

It looks like Titans starting center Brian Schwenke will require arthroscopic surgery for his ankle.

Schwenke suffered a high-ankle sprain early in a November game against Jacksonville, missing most of that contest as well as the next game against Indianapolis. Schwenke returned for the last six games of the season, but his mobility and power were noticeably restricted by the ankle pain.

“Yeah, it looks like it’s going to need a little surgery,” Schwenke said Saturday. “I think they want to ‘scope it out. We just got the MRI (on Friday) … but it sounded like (the doctor) really wanted to do it.”

Schwenke said torn ligaments weren’t necessarily an issue.

“It’s just some of the build-up of scar tissues and things like that, from playing on it,” Schwenke said. “If I wasn’t playing football, I probably would have been fine. But as the season went on, it probably wore on it more and more.”

Schwenke said that assuming he undergoes surgery, he should only need about a month to recover, so it certainly shouldn’t affect his offseason football activities.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News

Source: Titans Insider

2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Great, now our season is over for sure.

3. XO

XO Nevada Native

Does this mean we are out of the playoffs?

Who is our starting center today?

4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Rob Turner is the starting C today....we are #$%^ed!

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. XO

XO Nevada Native

The Browns are going to kill us off the snap. Expect a big day from their DTs

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

This team has that bad ju-ju on it.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

7 wins - MAX

8. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Tommy Boy and Brian weight the same. I'd take Tommy over Rob Turner as our C

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar