Schwenke to start this Sunday vs 49ers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GTFO my pancakz, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I know it was a while back in this thread, but whoever said that Schwenke was small was completely incorrect. Munchak said on the radio today that he's bigger than Warmack. I looked at their official size and weight and Schwenke is 6-3 318, and Warmack is 6'2 323. So basically our center is now the same size as our guard, which is good.

Rob Turner is listed at 308, which there is no way that's right. I'd be surprised if in reality he's anywhere over 275.

2. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

was deucewayne i be live

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

A knock on him was being "undersized". He's apparently added some weight.

I didn't make it up.

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

a that's for sure too

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I was the first to dispute your claim of him being small but after further review I see why you said that. I was watching some of his senior bowl tape and heard Mayock say that he was known as an athletic undersized center who weighed about 305 at the time. Mayock also stated that he had shorter arms than you'd like.Because he was small, Mayock was impressed with just how well he anchored on his blocks. That's probably where you heard it. After watching that senior bowl tape I ALMOST wish we had taken Warford cause his chemistry with Schwenke was beautiful. Those two dominated that side of the line. I think Gilleslee should send them some kind of gift cause they made him look really good that day.

He was dominating people at 305 so I can't wait to see what he can do damn near 25 lbs heavier (although I'm not sure those were a "good" 25 lbs since he gained them so fast). I think the kid will be just fine, his ability to anchor and reach the second level are pretty damn good. Like Chance though, he seems to struggle making blocks in space. Can't be worse than Turner though.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I just hope in the shotgun he remembers our QBs aren't 7+ ft tall....because apparently Turner kept forgetting with some of those snaps.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

even if true you didnt bother too look at him

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

9. Carolina

Carolina Starter

Yeah, he is a good guy. I hope he makes a big difference for us.

10. MikeJonesDrew

MikeJonesDrew Special Teams Standout

Being a CAL fan, i know we make alot of the better players in the NFL. Though in college we suck as a team. Schwenke plays like a mauler. He is what we need on our line=, specially in the middle. Warmack will grow more as he plays more. Him and Schwenke will keep our run game going for years if they are heathly. Schwenkes problem though is sometimes his technique is a little sloppy. He likes to throw his body into the DT and sometimes gets beat by bad footwork. But he opens up space for runs to go thru. AGAINST the NINERS, CJ had big holes we havent seen before. We may not of kept running, but if we did, CJ would of Avg'd above 4 a carry. And doing that against the Niners says something.

A bad center can kill a run game. When we had Mawae, our run game was on point. When he left, it went downhill. Now we have a young center, a steal in the 4th round. A young guard in Warmack, and Andy is still young so our interior line looks to be good for the future. The best tackle duo in the NFL for the past few years is now starting to slow down. So if we can fix that after this year, our oline looks to be strong in the future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar