Scooby Wright III

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Broken Arrow, Jun 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Figured I'd get this discussion started (even though granted it's still June'15)

Heading into his Junior year, and in the top tier of players to watch in '15..

Major award winner - Bronko Nagurski Trophy, Rotary Lombardi Award, Jack Lambert Award, Chuck Bednarik Award and the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year.

Finished 9th in Heisman voting (highest DEF player)

What you guys think?

(and I'm aware he was mentioned a couple times in '2016 Draft Prospects' ---- but this guy deserves his own thread, for sure.... as does Bosa, Chubb, Boykin, Elliott, Duke Williams, etc.)

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Plays for Arizona, **** 'em

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Broken Arrow

I said the same thing about Mariota being a Duck.. lol (buckeye fan)

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Inside joke about @520 ;)

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Too white. Do not want.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Take a Chill Pill Take a Chill Pill x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

this is a guy the titans will never draft. they dont want mariota having nightmares about practice.

nailed it:beerbang:

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Troll Troll x 1
  7. Broken Arrow

Or... they could be of the thinking -- "Would we rather let someone draft the guy who can eat Mariota alive -- or have him on on OUR TEAM....." lol

8. 520

He's also a great guy, I have a cousin with cystic fibrosis and anytime he's in the hospital Scooby goes and hangs with him, and he shows up at events for him and things.

• Troll Troll x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

First thing, the Titans dont scout juniors, so Scooby Wright is probably not at all on the radar for us.

Second, we could be set at LB going forwards with Orakpo Brown Williamson Morgan, so if everything finally falls into place for us, we have no need for Wright.

Third, I know its hard to find good video on guys sometimes, but I dont even bother with highlights, no one ever looks bad in a highlight video, so its a very bad judge. When I watched him vs UCLA he blew a lot of plays by lunging forwards and arm tackling, Im sure he can clean that up but based off the one time I saw him play, he did not impress.

But of course you cant write a guy off after just one game, but still not as polished as you seem to believe...

What I do like about the guy tho, is he comes at you full speed, but having shorter arms costs him a lot of tackles, he's just too compact to wrap these big offensive guys up with, if he can figure out how to power thru those stiff arms he could be something, he shows he can power thru blocks, so just keep his head up while tackling and problem fixed.....

10. 520

I RECENTLY SAID I THOUGHT hed be a 2-4 round pick, because his measurables aint all that. BUT whatever team gets him will get a ten year plus starter.

• Troll Troll x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar