Scoring Red Zone TDs a Concern for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Titans have scored TDs just 34.6 percent of the time when they've gotten within 20 yards of the goal line. Compare this with the league's top team in the category, Arizona, who has a percentage more than double that at 70.6. "We've got to get that thing switched around," Fisher said. "It's there. The opportunities are there. We're just not taking advantage of it. But we're not panicking. We're going to continue to work on it." Surprisingly, the Cardinals, Bengals, Browns and Saints rank in the top five in red-zone TD percentage are have a combined record of 10-15.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Nick Harper needs to quit getting burned!!

3. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Is it just me or does this article seem to come up every year? Under Fisher (not that I want a change) this consistently comes up with maybe last year being the exception.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think I posted a similar article just a couple of weeks ago.

5. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Sure, it's a concern, but look at the record of the top four or five teams in category. Their combined record is 10-15. That aside, I do feel like we need to better ourselves in the category, but it's not the end of the world. As long as Bironas is up for the challenge, I'm not too worried. I'd like to see our Red Zone scoring go progressively up until the play-offs. If we get more consistent there for the play-offs we should be alright.

6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Hummmmm. Hasn't this been a problem since, "Eddie right. Eddie left. Tightend in the end zone. Field goal" days? Maybe it's not the players!

7. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Don't expect this to change until Vince desides to run again...

And since his attitude is that he wants to do things just because people say he can't, well that includes people saying he can't be a pocket passer too...:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar