ScotTitan Mock Offseason V.2

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Feb 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Hi All,
    Pre combine Mock Offseason for the Titans.

I am not going to guess the contracts, but I will say that this is more then manageable in terms of cap space. I have done a straight Mock Draft too, no trades although I hope to gain some extra picks either next year or this year based on our favorable Draft spot.

Cuts
    Oher(already gone), Stevens and Pollard

Resign
    Morgan, Roos(2 year deal to play RT), Spencer, Harris, Brinkley, Succop and Kern.

FA
    Kendrick Ellis NT 6'5 346lbs
    Michael Crabtree WR 6'1 214lbs
    Antonio Cromartie CB 6'2 210lbs
    Troy Polamalu SS 5'10 207lbs

Draft
    1. Randy Gregory OLB Nebraska 6'6 240lbs or Leonard Williams DE USC 6'5 300lbs
    2. Carl Davis DE Iowa 6'5 321lbs or Nate Orchard OLB Utah 6'3 251lbs
    3. Cedric Oghuhei Tex A&M OT 6'5 300lbs
    4. Lydon Trail Norfolk State OLB 6'6 260lbs
    5. Karlos Williams FSU RB 6'1 225lbs
    6. Gerald Christian Louisville TE 6'3 250lbs
    6. Jeremauria Rasco OLB 6'4 259lbs

The secondary received a major boost with the addition of Cromartie and Polamalu. Cromartie will cost a decent amount of money but he has always been a good corner. Troy is coming because Lebeau is here, pretty simple, injury prone but so was Pollard. Pairing Gregory and Morgan is an excellent combo in my opinion, added prospects in Rasco and Trail. ILB will have to be on the roster currently, Williamson and Brown hopefully with Gooden and Woodyard getting time in there also. Up Front, I cant decide between Malcolm Brown and Davis, but I think Davis moves better and will be a good partner for Casey at getting after QBs, he was outstanding in Mobile. Ellis is here to stop the run, would sub in Hill on passing downs, still have Ropati, Jones, Woods and Martin, so depth is good on the line.

Offensively, we resign Roos to play RT, while Ogbuehi fully recovers from ACL. He is a first round talent for sure, and we would have bookend for the next 8 years in Lewan and Ogbuehi. Steal in the 3rd round.
    Crabtree comes in and operates as the possession reciever, he will enjoy a QB with a real arm. Christian is a nice looking TE prospect to go with Thompson and Walker. Williams has question marks over him, but he is a thick back to pair with Sankey, I like the Johnson kid outta Northern Iowa I think but he will probably be gone by then. Still top of the 5th should have some nice RB options.
    Add a 3rd QB, Oline depth and maybe a ILB somewhere and we are good to go.

What do you think? I think its pretty realistic

#1 ScotTitan, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I like the possible additions of Ellis, Crabtree and Polamalu. I think Cromartie has worn down, and he thinks he still deserves 10mil/per which is crazy. I bet we could find better and younger.

I'd rather have just about anyone other than Randy Gregory, he reminds me too much of Bark Mingo, and not in a good way. He doesn't set the edge, doesn't play the run and isn't as physical as needed to be a 3-4 OLB.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's realistic, but I really hate the selection of Randy Gregory. Dude just screams bust to me.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Gregory is growing on me more lol. I have adjust it a little for Leonard fans. Either way we get a DE and OLB rounds 1 and 2.

5. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Troy?? he would probably retire as a Steeler than come to Tennessee.

Leonard Williams has grown on me and is the guy I would take at 2.

Cromartie is a maybe. Not a long term fix at all.

I would like Crabtree here

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I could see Troy following LeBeau, but not sure he has much (if anything) left in the tank.

No to Cromartie.. He'll end up in New York, where he wants to be, playing for Todd Bowles again. Makes too much sense to NOT happen.

Gregory screams bust to me. Williams fixes a lot of problems on this team! Huge help in the run game, and although he's not a flashy OLB, he still greatly helps the pass rush -- this guys a 7-12 sack guy, easy.

7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

That's what they said about dick....
    Reports are saying they will cut him

Cromartie is an immediate upgrade

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Not a big fan of Karlos Williams. He will get drafted because he's 6'0" 230lbs and can run like the wind, but he's not a natural running back. He will absolutely blow up the combine, but he just doesn't do running back "stuff." He goes down easily on contact low. Takes a lot of gather steps when changing direction. Very straight line.

Hands and blocking are a plus though. Despite his lack of agility and vision, he was a damn good short yardage guy. Difficult to tackle if the contact is high. Keeps his legs going. A career special teamer/short yardage back, IMO.

I thought he always looked like a LB playing safety his first two years. Then he got switched to RB as a junior and I thought he looked like a LB playing RB. Fantastic athlete though.

At running back he was a walking contradiction. Kept his feet going on contact up high but would tumble like a house of cards on any minuscule contact low. He left a lot of yards on the field when the last guy between him and the endzone would swipe at his feet as a last ditch effort.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Sounds like he is playing at too heavy of a weight

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know if he could cut a lot of weight off though. Dude is chiseled from stone.

I will say he had some ankle injuries this season, so that may have contributed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar