Scouts Inc.: Losing Young might not be bad for Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I'm not saying we should just fall in line and kiss the ring. I am saying we should not flip a **** over 1 game. Give him some patience and some time to work things out. He's still young.

2. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Young's maturity has been the subject of discussion over last season, as well. Usually I didn't think much of it, but this disappearing act he pulled on his team has raised alarms for me. Could it have all been confusion? Yeah, sure thing. But when your center doesn't know where your QB's gotten off to when it's time to take the field, it's cause for concern.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

BTW......I'm sitting here watching GB-Min. Even though Min. is losing, I would much rather see Tavaris Jackson lead the Titans than Vince Young. He is composed, skilled and a leader on the field, he's taking the game on his shoulders. But wait.......he's only in his second year......how can he be better? He started as a rookie and has never let his frustration show ON THE FIELD.

You guys have to get over the Homie attitude and realize that Young is not the answer for the Titans.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jackson is horrible and he's not better.

Again, frustration is a part of life, get over it. They're not robots.

BTW have you watched every Jackson game?

5. Chapparal97

To give ya'll a dose of VY medicine.........No I haven't watched all Jackson's games. But until tonight, he was always a rookie. Now he's in his second year (1st game) and playing very well, poised.

And yes.....you get get paid in excess of $8mm a year, and played this game half your life, you are a robot. Earn it!

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Nor are we The VY Haters Club. Just saying. VY didn't lose the game. Other than the two interceptions and the way people perceive his actions he wasn't that bad. I don't know how the Jags are talking about Gerrard, but his numbers are pretty similar to VY's are they calling for his head? I bet you most of you would like to have Carson Palmer as your QB compared to VY, right? He was worse than VY. It is only week 1. Maybe you guys don't agree with the way he reacts to his mistakes, the same could be said about Eli "Eyoor" Manning before the Giants Super Bowl run. How many years did it take him? 5? VY isn't perfect nor should he be expected to be. He is going to have his ups and downs. Could he react better? Sure. I bet you he learns from this. If he doesn't then we will have a problem. At least he doesn't act like ... Oh well I just threw another interception. No biggie. I would rather have someone that is Ultra competitive than one who could give a shiit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He's not playing well. Aaron Rodgers is playing well. Jackson is average.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

well there you go, Jackson loses the game, throwing it straight to Bigby. Still want him?

9. Chapparal97

I would take Rodgers in a second if he was available. Jackson may be average, but in my book VY is bottom tier. Anyone outside Nashville understands he is in the bottom quarter of starting QB's in the league. Heck, even Kuharsky, Wyatt and Climer feel that way. Why are you guys fooling yourselves by pumping him up here? Blind Faith?

We are all for the Titans......Do whats best for the Titans.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Jackson is bottom tier and both aren't good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar