Search for Titans GM Heating Up

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

Yeah you are entitled to your own honest opinion, but im with gunny you shouldnt change your opinion just because of what someone else says.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The dishonest opinion is the way to go.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Why is it that you just let me think Floyd Reese was hired by the Giants? That was half my argument. When Gut informed me otherwise was it news to you? I don't understand what it is with some of you and opinions. Some people act as if it's some sin to come off a statement and see someones logic. Your opinion may be fine Gunny but you tend to piss people off by making statements you are unwilling to defend. Even now I agree with you more or less about promotion from within you did a real weak job of communicating the idea.
    Hey, I'm open minded and can be persuadeded.

--an PaC... that's ridiculous. I fail to see the point of exchanging ideas if one goes into it completely unwilling to listen. What is the point of being that stubborn? I obviously didn't know what I was talking about... It's kinda funny that it took Gut coming back here to correct my misinformation.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

And that is what it is - my opinion.

If people get pissed off that is their problem not mine.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

It's just that some people want to understand where you are coming from. I'm not pissed at you dude. I never am. I just see it all the time. I think it's good that you don't "care" or whatever it's just that I don't get why you back down and play the $.02 card when you are challenged to elaborate on your logic. The things you post are sometimes oversimplified, which is fine, but when you're asked, "what do you mean?" and your response is one that is of the tone "That's my opinion!"... you don't get understood like that.

I know... you don't care whether you are understood.

here's the kicker... I care whether I can understand people.

6. i kno... i was using sarcasm

7. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

When is Mike Reinfeldt slated to come in for an interview? I've seen him mentioned as a candidate a bunch of times, yet when they list off the scheduled interviews I never see his name. I really like what he's done for the Seahawks, I hope he gets a legit shot at the gig.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Not correct...

If you read up on the Pats and how they achieve their success, the FO is a MAJOR part of that....one of the big reasons Belicheck didn't take the Jets job and jumped to NE. They have an excellent FO when combined with Belicheck is second to none. Belicheck understood when he first took the job what he'd have to do to have a continuous winning team...and gues what, the FO from Pioli getting him the players for HIS SCHEME to their capologists working the numbers and Kraft making sure Belicheck gets whatever he needs, it's a winning combo. And unlike Reese, Pioli drafts players that fit into the Pats system. In fact, when they grade players, they are to refer to how this player compares to a current or previous Patriots player at that position.

Pioli is an important cog in the Patriots wheel and one that could help us a tremendous amount!

Gut

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Glad I could help...:)

:)

10. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

My thought tho is that the Pats lose big name players every season, maybe that's just being cap-smart, I don't know, but that's another argument, but it takes a very good coach to be successful in that type of an environment. I think we do have a great coach in Fisher and I hope we keep him around, and that's why I think their success is due to a great coaching staff more than a great FO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar