SEC Cuts Signees to 25

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Rivalries don't cheer for each other or ride each other's coat-tails.

Therefore you guys have no legit rivalries. You have traditionally good matchups. There's a big difference.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

I cheer for no other team. I hate them all.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Deuce- the reason I gloat about the SEC so much is because of people like you being a hater of it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alex1939

Deuce you are wrong. Completely.

Auburn/Alabama is the best rivalry in the country. Alabama/Tennessee is top5. I would throw Ole Miss and Miss St up there if the teams were better.

You obviously don't understand what a rivalry is. Not surprising considering how dense you come across regarding most topics on this message board.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is the real reason this board reps SEC, just to get under Deuce's skin.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is true in most instances, but I find myself sometimes cheering for the Texans (wow can't believe I said that), but only when a win by them benefits the Titans. Like Houston beating Indy. So you saying "rivalries don't cheer for each other" isn't always how it is.

7. Alex1939

^

Yes. I would have to think that if somehow Ohio State winning a game would bump Michigan up the rankings (possibly into a BCS game) then Deuce would be cheering for Ohio State that week.

8. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

It's all a matter of how big you consider your community. I went to Alcoa High School. Our big rival has always been Maryville. Both teams are currently very successful. Alcoa has won something ridiculous like 7 state championships in a row now in AA. Maryville has won 6 out of the last 7 I think in AAAA. For those who don't know, the cities share a border.

I can't stand Maryville the day we play them, but I root for them the rest of the year. I work with people, live next to people and hang out with people who went to Maryville. I consider them to be friends. I want to see them do well.

Some people, especially in the South I think, have a great amount of regional pride. I was taught growing up, to always root for teams from the South when they play northern or west coast teams. Could be a generational thing as well.

At any rate, that's what my father did, that's what his father did, that's what I do and will continue to do.

SEC!!!!

9. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Oh, and for those who might argue that Alcoa/Maryville is not an intense rivalry, you can look back at the arrest records and property damage reports in Blount County the week that game is played. The police departments used to institute a curfew for high school students that week because of all the egging, painting of opposing stadiums, hanging players and coaches in effigy on goal posts in the middle of the night, and general trouble making going on.

10. XO

XO Nevada Native

After moving from Knoxville to Alabama I quickly discovered Alabama fans hate Tennessee much more than Auburn.

It made me proud.

I went to the Oregon game in Knoxville last year. Tennessee is playing their hearts out the first half and what is the crowd chanting?

SEC! SEC! SEC!

I didn't get it. How about we chant Tennessee!

Still think we would have won that game if it wasn't for that thunder storm.... killed the momentum. The loudest that stadium had been in years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar