SEC dominates NFL Draft, AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sellitto12

sellitto12 Camp Fodder

:yes::yes::yes::lol:

Amen sir.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah.

... relevance?

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm glad OSU didn't have anyone drafted near the top of the draft, they got a loaded team next year poised to make a national championship run. I'd rather look more forward to that than seeing some D tackle get drafted in the mid 20s or whatever.

But it's not the amount of players drafted that matters it's how well they do. JaMarcus Russell was #1 overall, want to take credit for that? Besides, this was a good year for SEC defenses, they probably wont have nearly as many players drafted next year. Things go in cycles, something SEC fans have YET to realize.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

Read the article. 4 years in a row.

How cyclical is that BCS championship game? Can't wait til Big10 wins 4 in a row.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i really don't understand the conference pride thing. instead of rooting for your most hated rivals to win the national championship just so you can hide behind it because your team sucks doesn't make any sense to me.

i'd much rather a team like USC or Miami win the championship than Michigan. just knowing the Michigan fans would be elated that they won a championship would bother the hell out of me.

how about Tennessee actually do their job one of these seasons and beat the top two or three SEC teams instead of padding their schedules?

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

^

That's what teams in loser conferences say.

At least I know my team plays against the best in college football every season.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Are you math challenged? The SEC averaged one player per team that was drafted more than any other team.

Actually it's probably a toss up between the SEC and the Big 12 for best draft since so many Big 12 players went in the top half of the first rd.

There honestly are only 3-4 programs that can compete with the top SEC schools in recruiting. Texas-Oklahoma-Ohio state-USC. USC is in question with that new idiot coaching them.

Who else? 2 Alabama schools were in the top 5 in recruiting! Alabama and Auburn recruit as many good players as entire conferences!

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Not really the SEC has dominated for decades. There are more good players in the south and kids out of high school want to play for the biggest teams in front of the most fans. The exception being of course Michigan.:ha:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Especially every third Saturday in October. :grrhee:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5El03CbLam0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5El03CbLam0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Special home video of Alex watching the end of the UT-Bama game. Nutrisystem dude?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiC9T-y7hLI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fiC9T-y7hLI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

but they lose!

you're saying there is more pride in losing to every good team in the SEC than there is in winning every other conference. if that were the case why rag on the big ten when they lose to florida?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar