SEC has college footballs supreme teams

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Hoffa, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Many people pointed out how ludacris it was all year to have certain teams from the SEC in the top 25. There were about 3 that should have never broken in to the top 25.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Which three teams gloat? Name and justify how 3 of those 5 teams don't belong in the top 25. 10-2 georgia? Absolutely not. LSU? no. Tennessee and florida are 9-3. Only 8-4 auburn ranked 24th is even worth debating but with the schedule they played this year i think they easily belong..

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

now we wait

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What we do know for sure is that the only meeting between the two conferences this year pitted the potential SEC champ against the team that finished 7th in the PAC10 and that PAC10 team turned out a nice 45-31 victory...

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

believe me TEN is no deserving SEC champ

this is from a TN fan

this is the most bipolar TEN team in a good long while

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

UT didn't win did they? So the argument that UT is not deserving of the championship is over. LSU will win the national championship and georgia will stomp division 2 hawaii. Florida vs michigan? Are you kidding?

And the biggest bowl of them all... ALABAMA all over colorado in the Independance bowl! :suspect:

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all take off the Michigan colored glasses and accept the fact that Oregon, although a solid team simply isn't that good and the absolute butt kicking they gave Michigan was due as much with Michigan sucking as anthing. The fact Oregon fell so far just because they lost their QB tells me some things about their team as well.

I agree that Oklahoma fits more the profile of an upper tier SEC team but be honest. What was their schedule like this year? Now that Miszu put the beat down on Kansas and Oklahoma did the same to Miszu the only conclusion I come up with is both Kansas and Missouri are simply above average teams (maybe on a par with Kentucky) so the Oklahoma win was less impressive IMO. Could Oklahoma beat Florida, Georgia, LSU? Maybe but Tennessee beat Georgia and both Kentucky and Arkansas beat LSU so we really don't know how Oklahoma would fair if they played a whole slate of games in a real conference and I doubt they are quite as good as the upper tier SEC teams under those circumstances. I remember a few years ago when a similar Oklahoma team got their brains beat out by USC.

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

If you think Oregon with Dixon wouldn't kill UT, you're just plain delusional. Everyone knows UT is just as bad at playing a team that runs the spread O as Michigan is.
    Oregon beating Michigan has nothing to do with the argument, so stop using that excuse. I'm not hyping up Wisconsin, am I? Although, I think they too can beat UT, just not like Oregon would.

Ohio State vs LSU.

Wisonsin vs Tennessee.

2 Big 10 vs SEC matchups. Let's see just how great this conference is.

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Let's go with the THREE matchups, don't forget Michigan-Florida.

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think the SEC will win 2 of the 3 match ups with the Big 10.

LSU will kill OSU.
    Florida will annihilate Michigan
    Wisconsin likely will beat UT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar