SEC PWNS the Big Ten!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by RollTide, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Please tell me you don't honestly believe the SEC & Big 10 have squared off nearly 200 times in a bowl game. :eek:

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm just quoting from the link. Try to read, I know it's tough. BUT the article I got it from was a pro SEC site (probably why the info was incorrect, they didn't type it correctly, I know, it's tough right?). But here it is again updated.

If you do that, you will find that, including all current Big Ten schools and all current SEC schools, all-time head to head, the Big Ten holds an extremely narrow 92-91-6 advantage vs. the SEC. See the bottom of SEC vs Everyone.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/bigtenseccomp.html

Now read that please, I know, it's tough.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not gonna get drug too far into this, but Arkansas and South Carolina were NOT SEC until recently. Georgia Tech WAS SEC until like WWII or something like that. Point is gotta go by what the conferecnes were at the time of the bowl game - IMO

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Just like it's unfair to say 2 BCS championships came from the ACC, since Miami was part of the BigEast when they won it.

6. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Um, clearly you didn't read your own article. We're talking about bowl games here, bro. Try to follow. I know, it's tough right?

From your article:

Thanks to a reader comment below for letting us know that SEC teams are 33-20 vs the Big Ten in bowl games 1930 - 2007.

Further proves what I posted.

And as for what GoT posted, do you think it's fair to include the records of SEC teams that weren't SEC teams when the games occurred? Which is what you're doing. If you go by when an SEC representative plays a Big 10 representative, then the SEC leads the Big 10 67-48-2.

http://www.secsportsfan.com/big-ten-vs-sec-all-time-stats-comments.html

7. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No, I'm talking about games in general not bowl games. I know you want to talk about just bowl games because it helps your argument but I don't cherry pick the games like you do. I'm using all the games. Mmmkay?

8. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You might want to go back and look, but the OP is about BOWL games. The entire thread was about bowl games until you and Gloat decided to "cherry pick" games. If you need help, I'll read it all to you. Just PM me. Mmmkay?

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

67-48-2. That's the SEC's head-to-head record against the Big 10...even says so in the article that you're using:

[​IMG]

Like Tuckfro said, you and ol buddy Gloat are the ones cherry picking & reaching for something to be right about.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

5 pages of arguing is pointless since we all know SEC > Big 10 or 12 or whatever they are now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar