SEC SEC SEC

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah cause Oregon vs Miss St. or LSU vs Arizona really tells who the better conference is.

Let's face it, if the Pac12 vs SEC occured every year, #1 vs #1 (always PAC loss), #2 vs #2, etc etc the SEC SEC SEC would obviously come out on top.

Well to anyone with common sense.

2. XO

XO Nevada Native

Top tier SEC > any conference

Not debatable

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

SEC-SEC-SEC

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Btw that Tennessee cal game in 06 Cal was ranked preseason number 9and I was at that game was one of the best games I've ever been at in Tenn. Espn was sucking Cals nuts the whole pregame and Tenn stuck it to em.

5. Alex1939

Those UCLA losses piss me off. Such a bad era for TN.

6. Alex1939

Also 6 of the first 7 are PAC wins. Kind of kills the best current conference argument. Oregon beat a bad TN team, and lost vs AU in championship and LSU killed them the next year.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

8. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Since the beginning of the bcs 14 years ago the sec has had five different schools play for and win national titles. Lsu played for 3 won 2 (the only loss by the sec w as to another sec school), Alabama played for 2 won 2, Florida played for 2 won 2, auburn won 1, and Tennessee won 1. Out of all bcs bowl games only one conference has a better winning percentage than the sec and that is the mwc. If you want to crown them the best, be my guest. Numbers don't lie.

Of the other conferences the acc has had 6 nt appearances and walked away with 2. The Pac 10 has had 3 nt app and walked away with one(which has since been vacated due usc's shady deelings). The big ten has had 3 app all by one school and walked away with 1. The big twelve has had 7 app and brought home 2.

To me these numbers are pretty convincing, the sec has had more schools in the championship game than any other conference and has brought home more than half the wins in the last 14 years. In fact 6 in a row.

Deuce if you want argue these numbers be my guest but you will never convince me otherwise without some cold hard facts.

9. ProfessorD

ProfessorD Starter

Btw Wikipedia breaks all this down all you do is type in bcs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar