SEC vs Big10 January 2nd

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

As for OKST, jesus christ shut up.

If team X loses to one team by 3, to the #1 team in the country
    vs
    Team Y losing to an unranked opponent

Tell me who is more deserving. Maybe if OKST handled their business they would have an argument.

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

OK well LSU's first round pick would have been covering OK State's first round pick at wide receiver. Also who's the best QB that LSU has faced all year? Tyler Wilson? Yea... Brandon Weeded would be head and shoulders above any QB that LSU has played. Not saying they'd win but I want to see it and they deserved it. But nope.

And for the record OSU did lead CFB in takeaways so it's not like they are totally worthless.

3. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Uh oh, an SEC **** rider is going back to the boring bread and butter argument!

We already saw Bama/LSU and it sucked. OSU beat better teams than Bama and didn't get a shot. Not to mention the BCS is already breaking the precedent they set in 2007.

4. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

LSU's first round pick is Claiborne, Honey Badger is their best player and the Heisman candidate but he is only a sophomore, so his top 10 draft slot will have to wait another year. Blackmon is great, he will make his plays against anyone, but he is running wide open for a score against LSU, just not happening. And LSU forced a pretty damn good Oregon offense to throw 54 times (the most passing attempts by far this year for Oregon), because they completely shut down LeMichael James. And again, LSU actual best defensive players, are in their secondary so no one is picking them apart. Geno Smith from West Virginia put up some yards, but that was a complete blow where LSU was playing soft in the second half.

Look, I am a Florida fan, and obviously they have some national championship teams to look back on, but this year, LSU and ALabama are a different thing. I honestly think they are the 2 best college teams since at least the Nebraska team that beat Florida in the mid 90s. Consider this, the USC-Texas Rose Bowl that was so great, produced 48 pros between the 2 teams (the # might be off by a few, but in the high 40s). The LSU-Bama game, is expected to produce 75-85 pro players. Just think about that for a second.

5. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Sorry, I'm never going to let this go.

As I said who's the best QB LSU has beaten all year? Because this year Weeden has beaten the top 5 ranked QBs in the upcoming draft: Luck, Griffin III, L. Jones, Tannehill, and Foles. And when you consider that OSU's defense had to play against all of them, suddenly their defense doesn't sound as bad given the level of competition they faced on offense. But hey, I'm sure game manager extraordinaire AJ McCarron will give LSU a hell of a game THIS time.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Claiborne never faced a receiver even nearly as good as Blackmon. Maybe if he had shut down Alshon Jeffery I'd believe you but they never played so I have nothing to base it on. Fact is, LSU has never faced an offense as good as OSU. Oregon is the best offense they've faced but their run first and not a great passing offense. This offense has a top 5 pick at WR and a guy talked about all year as a Heisman trophy candidate. And as I said the list of QB's he's beaten is d@mn impressive.

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Uh, and all of those guys you named ripped OK States defense apart. Ok State had the 103rd defense in the country. If you want to give credit for OK States defense just showing up thats fine, but their defense is terrible. THeir offense is good yes, and Blackmon is great. They would score some on either LSU or Bama, but they arent scoring easy and their 103rd ranked defense isnt stopping anybody. And Claiborn is a first rounder likely, but he isnt LSU's top corner, that goes to their Heisman candidate who will certainly be a top 10 pick after next year when he is eligible for the draft.

And LSU didnt even play South Carolina this year, and Jeffery is probably the second receiver taken next year, so that point makes no sense. Along those lines, Blackmon never matched up against Matheui or Claiborne, so that argument goes both ways.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Just because you like to watch games with no defense being played, don't think you speak for everyone else. I much preferred LSU vs Alabama to Baylor vs Washington.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

You completely missed my point. When you go up against the great offenses that OSU went up against of course it's going to skew the numbers a bit. Not saying their defense is great but when they play well enough to beat some of the top QBs in the country and lead the nation in takeaways, yea that's not bad.

Now, OSU has the #2 passing offense in the country. Who's the best passing offense that LSU has faced? If it was Arkansas than fine but OSU averaged 11 more points a game than Arkansas did.

Fact is we'll never know thanks to our fraudulent system. But even with this fraudulent system the BCS still got it wrong by putting in Alabama over OSU.

Well that's good for you. The ratings for an LSU/OSU game would destroy the ratings for the snore fest rematch we're about to see. I'm sure the country will be on the edge of their seats with all the incredible field goal action!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar