Second half record predictions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Jags (5-3)
    Broncos (3-5)
    Bengals (2-6)
    Texans (4-5)
    Chargers (4-4)
    Chiefs (4-4)
    Jets (1-8)
    Colts (7-1)

Entering the season, I thought the Broncos, Bengals and Chargers would all have winning records. With a win Sunday, I think the Titans could win six games. Five probably guarantees a playoff spot.

2. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

The team that actually scares me the most is the Bengals, because after we get a substantial lead in the third quarter, and start playing prevent....They have an offense than can gain a lot of points fast.

I'll go with 6-2 again.....but this time VY pulls out a couple of those wins.

3. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

JAX - W (Run, run, run, run, playaction + stop run, stop run, sack Cray)
    DEN - W (Monday night, Young will shine again)
    BEN - W (Sack, Sack, Stop run + run Forest (White))
    HOU - W (Kill Rosenfels, Schaub can do squat)
    SDC - L (Hm, Chargers are playing like hell but they will rise and it'll be a close game)
    KCC - W (Tough match)
    NYJ - W (Without trying, our defense will get 2-3 INTs from whoever their QB may be)
    IND - L (Hopefully this will be a match for the AFC South title, but anyway - Colts is gonna need the W for better seeding)

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

a 1:3 td/int ratio isn't sitting too well with me.
    I predict that unless we see the 06 vince young play it like he did last season, we finally run out of luck and lose the majority of the remaining 8.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

That's kinda what I'm thinking Pit. I'm not keeping my hopes up for 7-1 or 6-2. I have a feeling some of those teams with worse records could be just as good as us.

6. cdspro

cdspro Guest

I'm looking at 5-3 based mostly on the strength of our defense, but it sure would be nice to see the offense get back to at least only somewhat below average, rather than a completely ineffective liability.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I still think we have the guts to go 8-0, and a division title, plus home field. There isn't one team on the schedule that I fear. The offense is scoring 21 a game, and the defense is holding opps to less. It's a formular for success.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm going to go 5-3. We're going to drop at least one more this second half that we should be able to win. But I'll take 11-5 and the playoffs in a heartbeat.

9. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

It's that time of the year my friends crunch time and VY Prime-time... He's just keeping under that spotlight radar to unleash his fury during these last 8 games and our playoff run!!! I am conVINCE'd, how about you?

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

You know, before the Panthers game I was kinda down on our team a little. I mean, the record is freaking awesome. But when you look at the teams we beat, it's kinda like, eh...

But then I realized, we have a legit claim at being the third best team in the NFL right now. As good as anyone behind the Pats and Colts. And every game in the NFL is pretty tough, even the easier teams are professionals and solid athletes.

Clearly the passing game, or at least Vince's rushing threat, will have to improve for this team to become all around dominant. But hey, we are good again, playoff bound. And after the Steelers won 3 on the road and then the superbowl, I feel like if you make the playoffs in this age, anything can happen....

As far as the second half of our season, I'm not expecting 6-2. I'm gonna say we'll go 4-4 or 5-3, hopefully 5-3.

I think we'll lose the Chargers game and probably the Colts too. Then there will at least be one more slip, Jacksonville this week wanting revenge or at Denver both seem possible.

Still this puts us in the position of the playoffs. If only we could win the division and have a home playoff game what a great treat that would be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar