Second pick: WR

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Hmmm, so he was an olympic caliber long jumper and a 7'0"+ high jumper? Damn. I'm impressed.

2. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Oh wow, this kid's track stats are through the roof. 10.52 100m, 21.46 200m, 27ft long jump, 7'3" high jump, 50' triple jump? Jesus, this kid is an animal.

3. Stan

Stan Infinite

thats the problem with him though, those are all just track stats. He doesn't run like a true blazer in pads, yes he's fast but hes not what I would call a "burner" like people are eluding to. He can go up and get the ball like nobody else in the draft thats for sure. But his YAC ability is questionable unless he just has to run straight, not the kind of guy who can juke and keep his speed ala Cordarrelle and the Harvin types.

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

No, he is not the fastest. No, he is not the most elusive.

But the combination of his parts is better than anyone else in this draft. Especially considering last season was his first back from acl.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

Here's the thing though he is a burner. What he isn't is a quicker than fast guy. Hunter is a pure deep threat with great hands. His route running is good enough to be a reliable 3rd down target (though I suspect we'll looking to Kendall for that). Hunter has the kind of speed where he'll look covered for about 20 yards until he has time to fully accelerate and then he just pulls away, never to be caught. AJ Green doesn't have amazing YAC abilities either so I'm not worried. We have Kendall for that and Britt to body people.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, if they all play to potential, it really is the perfect combo. Britt is the big muscle jump ball guy (hungry can do this to) give us the deep threat, and kendal is the shifty YAC guy.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

We undervalue wrights ability to go deep as well tho. But he is a great under target with good yac. Don't love us doing screens tho... We almost need a screen expert to come in and work on them with this team... It's sad lol.

8. Stan

Stan Infinite

Going to school in Knoxville atm I got to watch a fair share of his games. 9/10 balls he caught he was covered but just out leaped the guy. So I'm not so sure about his route running honestly. He's definitely going to be a huge redzone threat, but his speed doesn't exactly translate in pads from what I've seen. I'm going to support the hell out of him but being a realist here

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah. And it's too bad CJ can't catch crabs in a brothel, or that would be deadly.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Stan

Stan Infinite

Wright is without a doubt agile and has the burst to get great yac. Now top end isn't elite but he's the best guy on the team to throw a screen to. We just need to design the plays a little better so its not so obvious it's a screen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar