Second pick: WR

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I just think our 2nd should start right away and if we get this guy it seems like he will be depth.

The only other option would be to have Hopkins on the outside opposite of Britt with Wright in the slot, but FO already said they were moving Wright to the outside right?
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Right, but then next year Hopkins will be our #1 receiver, and for the next 10 years hopefully.
  3. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

I think we need to take a WR in the second.

Yes, rookie wr's rarely make a difference. That's why we should take one now. So when we have to depend on him a year from now, he's ready.

I say we take rhodes or Milner in round 1, Hunter in round 2.
  4. Ensconatus

Ensconatus Losing faith...

Hopkins is good.. But he also got to play across from Sammy Watkins who most likely will be a top ten pick next year. Watkins is the real deal but Hopkins in the early second is still prolly a steal.
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Watkins missed 3 games last year, in those three games Hopkins had: 30 rec, 421 yards, 5 TDs. Besides, Hopkins will get to play across from Kendall Wright with us :brow:
  6. Ensconatus

I know Watkins was hurt and ill most the season actually and Hopkins was hot with Boyd. I'm not saying he's bad. Just that when Watkins was playing top potential, they leveled out the defenses. Wright is not Sammy Watkins tho bruh lol.
  7. Ensconatus

I watch a lot of Clemson games. I expected Boyd to come out this year actually.
  8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

haha, I was joking obviously. :beerbang:
  9. Ensconatus

I do hope wright picks up the slack this year tho. We need to count on him being a better pro this year along with being used better... Screens and quick passes were about as dumb as possible with him. Why draft a guy for that when we could have put Hawkins in for the very same role??
  10. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Right that's what I saw in that Hopkins benefited from Wilkins.

I like Tavon Austin for a solid slot receiver. I would rather take a sure fire outside WR next year in round 1 as it looks like there are better prospects instead of reaching and taking a chance.