Second-year WRs Now Older and Wiser

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: WRs Brandon Jones, Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams are often mentioned together because they were all part of the Titans 2005 draft class. Together with TE Bo Scaife, they were the first group of four rookies to post 20 receptions each since the 1968 Bills. Entering their second seasons, each are building on their experiences from last season and feel more comfortable in the system. "Seeing Courtney Roby and Roydell Williams out practicing, I can see a big difference in them as far as from last season and where they left off," WR Coach Ray Sherman said. "They’ve elevated their game a little bit because we need them too. They’re playing very well right now. Hopefully we’re going to get Brandon back here pretty soon. He’s really ahead of schedule as far as in workouts, so I’m really happy with all three of them."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. ...Optimistic...

3. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

In the future of the team, Roby is going to probably be the best out of the 3 WRs

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

All of these guys will be much better this year and will surprise some teams. It's interesting we have heard nothing about them them so far except this article and they may just be trying to keep the progress quiet. They played great last year for rookies when healthy and I hope they make that big jump between year 1 and year 2.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I'm sorry to drag this back in here but the 1968 Bills are fascinating.
    I like our draft prize.:brow:

6. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I think RW will be the best of the triplets in the long run.

7. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

8. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

I'm not sure I get the point...Does this mean that years from now, either Vince or Lendale will murder their wife...( bet I get jumped for that one);)

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well???

I hope the 68 bills are not our model because only one of those 4 players amounted to anything long term and that was moses who retired with near hall(For 1981) numbers. The other three were only in the league one more season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar