Secondary frustrated

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

**** the NFL, game is dead...in 10 years it will a touch league...may not take that long.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Not only the dline bro. Has anyone notice all year long we NEV ER cover anyone where the LB's are supposed to be? We get beat all to hell with underneath receivers. Our middle of the field just beyond the line is a gold mine for any QB who watches film. The worst part, WE DONT FIX IT.

Linebackers, like the rest of our team (cj1yd excluded) are very skilled players. I think they are being coached so badly that they are out of place. Other teams with far less talent do not seem to have this consistent problem.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Agreed.

If I were head coach, I would have started talking about the picks on Monday or Tuesday. I'd casually throw something out like, "They are fantastic at execution. They are a very precise team with Manning. They run a lot of picks, or rub routes as they like to call them. Hopefully, the refs will be watching that closely to make sure those plays are legal."

...and I'd complement Decker on his ability to get open and point out how he uses his forearm to create space.

...and so forth. You need to at least get the refs thinking about these things.

4. GOFIGURETITANS

Did anyone hear the announcers discussion about rules right after Wilson was picked blocked in the endzone for the TD? They said that peyton and brady had the rule changed so that if a defender is within one yard of the endzone that he could then be "legally" picked. IF that is true, then that is just BS. Besides, why in the hell listen to the fox when he wants to make new rules so it's easier for him to raid the henhouse? Stupid.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

...and you can't blame a "blow out" on a couple of calls, but I do think that calls change the momentum of the game. The game is geared towards offense and Manning and the Broncos are great at it. They are going to get their yards every time. You just have to make a few plays here and there and hope you can outscore them. We were making plays here and there on defense.

When Decker shoved Verner to the ground, then Pollard broke up the play.... everyone thought it was going to be PI on Decker. When BOTH of those calls went against the Titans, everyone's posture changed. You could see a difference in demeanor. You could see the "if they call the game like that, we can't stop them" in the players posture.

I did the same thing in my living room. I was pacing around before that play and I just sat down. ...and I'm not like most here, I'm the eternal optimist.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

To what end? If defenders keep complaining... so what? Do you think that Goodell will somehow change his mind due to this? Will the mindless droves of fans stop caring if they don't change the rules back? Nope.

Pollard, who is known as a big hitter and a somewhat dirty player, his words are worth just a hair more to Goodell than James Harrison's.

Goodell has made it clear that he does not care what Defensive players have to say. It only matters what QBs and WRs say, because they are his moneymakers. This will not change. The rules make it clear that the Defenders are the "bad guys."

Players may as well keep their mouths shut. If coaches came together and complained, that's one thing.. but they are paid by the owners.. who have their hand up Goodell's butt, and he is saying and doing exactly as they like. The owners are raking in money, their offenses are breaking records due to them tilting the field for the offense.. you won't hear a peep of complaint about them. As far as they're concerned, let every game end up 68-61. Offense sells.

It's not going to happen. You don't S$%^ where you eat.. and Even Munchak, on his way out, doesn't have the balls to raise a stink like that. That is why there is the unwritten code of what you do and don't say to the media. You want to keep your job, or at least be eligible for another job in the NFL.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If our DBs want to complain, they need to start with the DL coach. Peyton had all day. If you can't get pressure with your front four against Peyton, it's over.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I guess at the end of the day I don't really have much of a problem with anyone saying the refs got a particular call wrong. What I do have a problem with is when we try to blame a loss on the refs. Or when we act like it's The Titans vs. The World and other teams don't have to deal with the exact same BS p***y @$$ rules/calls.

The Pollard hit LOOKED bad in real time. I thought he led with the helmet. So did the announcers. Obviously so did the refs. Now, I wish they would have picked up the flag. But you can't go look at instant replay to pick up a flag that I'm aware of. IMO a flag would have been thrown in that situation for ALL 32 teams. Not just those poor, mistreated Tennessee Titans

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If they (Manning and Brady) had the rule changed then other QB's can make the same plays..right? If they don't that is the OC fault

10. GOFIGURETITANS

Yup, you're right. Just seems like a crappy change in rules. The most exciting area of the field and they make a rule to significantly change the odds in favor of one side. Bad for sportsmanship. Bad for fans who love defensive football.

Think about it. If the pick in that area is legal, then a touchdown is Unstoppable. No longer a contest, but foregone conclusion. That's not a sport. If all this is is an exercise in who can throw and catch best without interference from a defense, then why allow a defense at all. Don't laugh......... that would stop a lot of injuries too, no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar