Senator Arlen Specter has called Goodell before the Senate Judiciary Committee

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by #90, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

#90 Camp Fodder

Heard it on 104.5. He wants to know why the NFL destroyed all the tapes from the spygate scandal. Apparently, he sent a letter which was ignored by the NFL.

Looks like Goodell is in a little hotwater of his own. Can he suspend himself?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I have no idea why the Senate would care, but I think it's great. I think the PAtriots flew under the radar here. And someone needs to investigate the situation to get the real story.

#90 Camp Fodder

I think the Senate, or he, cares because they essentially destroyed all evidence. I read that some Jets fans (lawyers) were suing the Patriots claiming that the victories weren't valid so they should at a minimum get their ticket prices refunded for those games. Thus, the tapes were evidence in a lawsuit and Goodell destroyed them.

4. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Senator wants answers on Spygate tapes from NFL

Sen. Arlen Specter wants to know why NFL commissioner Roger Goodell destroyed the Patriots Spygate tapes, and Goodell may have to appear before a senate committee. ...more

[​IMG]

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I hope some 'Charlie Wilson' type takes him to a strip club & they get busted.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:applause:

7. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Goodell will sweet talk his way out of it, as per usual, I hate him, with a passion

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Nothing will happen, but at least someone is talking about it. It's amazing how fast all that went away. If they'd been 8-8 this year, everyone would still be talking about it.

9. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

It went away because it was handled and a punishment was thrown down immediately. And I guess we cant discuss congress' and their role in this since my other posts got deleted, so I wont. But you are right, nothing is going to come of this.

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Wow..our tax dollars hard at work. Nice.

Ane we wonder why nothing gets done in this country that really matters.

This is Specter just trying to get some attention to himself....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar