Senior bowl practices - Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Johnnyrex, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

I'm trying to compare 2 draft scout sites and see this on Kaepernick

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4351
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/Senior-Bowl.php

Monday Practice:

draftinsider.net - Looked terrific all day. Threw the ball exceptionally well from the get go.

draftcountdown.com - Colin Kaepernick was by far the least impressive signal caller on the North squad today.

Tuesday Practice:

draftinsider.net - Had another terrific day throwing the ball. Very accurate with good timing.

draftcountdown.com - Had a very poor practice. His wind-up is simply too long and very awkward, leading to some inaccurate passes.

Wednesday Practice:

draftinsider.net - Another terrific day for Kaepernick. Made several tremendous passes, placing his throw(s) where only his receiver could make the reception.

draftcountdown.com - Throughout the week I’ve spoken to people whose opinions I respect that felt Nevada QB Colin Kaepernick was performing well. Maybe I am missing something, but I sure haven’t seen it.

C'mon this is ridiculous. Where does this guy stands??...for crying out loud!!

Thoughts??

2. Bababooey

Bababooey Veteran

I think the second source may be seeing things differently than scouts are based on his extra note from Wednesday saying other people thought he was doing well.

Based on just these two, my guess is that he's doing well since draftcountdown.com admitted other people "whose opinions he respects" saw it differently.

3. Johnnyrex

Johnnyrex Starter

Anybody can have a different opinion, but these are two completely opposed opinions.

One says "terrific all day" the other says "by far the least impressive".

One says "very accurate" the other says "inaccurate passes".

Are they even seeing the same guy??

4. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

clearly one site is biased and the other isn't...

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Sounds like fanboys. lol.

6. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

Everything I've seen has said that Kapernick has been the most impressive.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So you didn't read the draft countdown comments then? A rep from one of the most popular online draft sites says he was not impressive.

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I watched him today...he has a very strong arm, but struggles with when to put touch on it. He actually looked better then Stanzi today though imo. On a side note, I liked what I saw out of Locker...he threw one pick, and made one bad decision to take off and run instead of taking a shot deep in man to man coverage (note: he did run for a 15 yard gain so it wasnt a negative play), but Mayock pointed out that could be coached.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He's getting glowing reports on ProFootballTalk.

Link

10. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Yea...his arm was extremely impressive. As a 2nd round pick I don't like him though. He needs a ton of work on his delivery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar