Serious Question

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Kid, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Kid

The Kid Starter

Can someone tell me how Ruston Webster, arguably the worst GM in pro sports, still has a job?

It's maddening to be a Titans fan. We're letting this guy pick #2 overall and rebuild the mess he created?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Probabaly the same reason we kept you around longer than you needed to be.

• LOL LOL x 3
    • High Five High Five x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh snap

4. JCBRAVE

Well for one, he took over when we sucked, that'll buy you time. Then he got stuck with a injury prone QB for 4 years. After that the team was riddled with injuries. 2014 almost never happened.

That's how he's still alive here. And to be perfectly honest, hes not the problem. No GM stacks their team 4 deep at every position. What Webster dealt with couldnt have been foreseen

#4 JCBRAVE, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    • High Five High Five x 3
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Wasn't Webster reportedly the main one behind the Locker pick?

If so, there is no excuse for him to still be employed here. I HATED that pick when it happened. Warmed up to it when I saw him in relief of Hasselbeck as a rookie, and I continued being back and forth on Locker for a while. I wanted to be patient with him, but my initial reaction was right all along, as it usually is.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  6. amy

amy Starter

Well, it has to be the GM that takes the fall because he hires and fires. So whether it's a sorry coach or a sorry QB or sorry other players, when we don't win for years in a row, who you gonna blame?

We have blamed the coaches and the GM for years. We got rid of one or two GMs and two coaches. Now we have another coach that is questionable and a GM who hired that coach.

And we still stink and live at the bottom of the league. I say fire the owner. But then, we could wind up with a Haslam type. Tis a mighty problem, isn't it?

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Really? He got stuck with Locker? As in, he had no say? As GM, did he have to stay with Locker for 4 years? As GM, didn't he re-sign griffen to the contract of a Pro Bowl S...without Griff actually being that good? Didn't he egregiously overpay Levitre? Oher? Make a bad trade trading up for Hunter?

How much stuff do you want to ignore? I agree he's done some good things...but he's done a LOT of bad stuff and the size and number of bad things gives me little confidence in his ability to right a ship he was driving in the first place!

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

Webster wasn't GM when we drafted Locker

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

He was VP of player personnel. And being groomed as Reinfeldt's replacement. He was ALL over that pick. And he stated he was behind it when Munchak declared Locker was his guy as well.

Keep it real JCB.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Griffin contract was inexcusable, Levitre contract just turned sour, was not a bad idea.. nobody knew he would suck that bad.

Warmack was a bad choice, regardless of sway from Munchak.

Almost all of the FA pickups from last year were bad, but who knows if Whisenhunt handpicked them or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar