Server load

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Smash, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Seems like the server sucks as much as the Colts on gameday. - Anything to do about it?

And what happened to the "old" chat? - It was way better than the new.

2. ImTheCrew

ImTheCrew Starter

Idk what's worse cj or the server.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

That could be CJ's new nickname, The Server

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Since I've not been around during the game, what's been going on? The old chat room can come back if enough want it. I've not heard anyone comment on either.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I remember last year when this sites database would crash every few days. I'm thankful that the admins have done a great job in getting us on an overall more stable server.

On gameday, I bet this server gets absolutely destroyed. I haven't seen this site crash in a very long time.

I did notice the alteration in the new design. It will take some getting use to...

I'm no web designer but from what ive heard... people always hate a sites redesign, then they get used to it and the redesign over time isn't a big deal.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There were several times during the game chat that we got Server Too Busy Try Later messages. I gave up and left for a while. In the 2nd half it was better.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

How many we're in the room when it got bad? Also, those who liked the previous chat, any server issues with it? This new chat was supposedly less strain than the previous but it sounds like it may not be.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

what's making me mad is that there are trolls eating the servers with their "so and so sucks" and "so and so need to be fired" and i'm not talking about jesse or thesurething... since they're coming back during the week... but i'm talking about those that have only a few posts in their history, along with the default picture as an avatar that are only around on gameday and gameday threads crapping it up with their whining and crying

meanwhile, the real fans such as myself would like to chat during the game, but are pretty much forced to leave b/c of a full servers filled up with crap about who should be cut or who should be fired.... correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm sure the chat rooms are on the same servers as the forum is... if the forum is being filled up with these trolls whining, then the chatroom is down... i say look into this TJ.. certainly not fair for the true fans if the fairweather ones are kicking the true ones out...

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

You can't see how many's in the chatroom in the new chat, but I'd guess we we're around 10 (and no trolls, yay!).
    I never had the "server too busy" during the "old" chat, you'd just have to write something every 9 minutes or so, not to get a timeout because of inactivity, which is fair.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I like the old chat much more :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar