Server load

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Smash, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I never see any of the ones Ewker is posting. I do however often get some kind of medical ad which has sound that apparently can't be turned off though. Very, very annoying.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

anyone seeing the Zappos.com and the Endless shoe ad? I have noticed that since this afternoon I can't right click and get the properties so I can post the picture. All it shows now is "Download this video to realplayer"

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

I will say this forum is about the only place I welcome ads. It keeps the price right.

I have no clue but I hope TJ is more than covering expenses here, and if it means I see ads for Firestone then so be it.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

I don't think the issue is the inclusion of ads; it's the invasion of malicious ones. Ad space is sold here; bots are invading the program. If you ever see a pop-up ad on this forum, you will know that it is malicious... TJ does not allow them.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just an FYI on ads here:

You should never see auto-audio, take-over or pop-ups here. I have them all blocked from any ad network I do business. I also have the get rich quick, teeth-whitening, and other garbage (Russian mail-order bridges) blocked. However, some of these networks sell ad space to third parties who slide in some of this junk occasionally. When that happens, I report it and remove the campaign. It's an ongoing struggle to keep the ad content decent here.

Though none of us enjoys the ads, it's what allows me to afford a dedicated server.

If anyone sees an ad they feel is obtrusive, please let me know. I'm here a lot but, obviously, can't see every campaign. I know blocking ads is available for many of you so my goal is to police this as best I can.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I haven't seen that auto-audio ad I was talking about in a few days. If I see it again I'll be sure to let you know. That's really been the only problem ad I've seen in awhile. I never get pop-ups or anything like that. The vast majority of ads I encounter seem legit. E.G. right now I'm seeing McDonald's, BJC Healthcare, amazon.com.

7. TitanJeff

Screw advertising. I'm rich, biatch! I just got this email...

Dear JEFF FUQUA,

I am Alex Gui, an attorney. I am contacting you because I strongly believe you could assist with the retrieval of (18,000,000.00 USD) left by my demised client in his account here in Malaysia before his death in 2008, since your last name tallies with his.

Please note: If this request goes against your moral ethics, kindly accept my sincere apology. But If interested, then write back for further details.

Lastly, I shall inform you upon your response the percentage by which we shall split the proceeds.

Regards,

Mr. Alex Gui

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Just Do It!

[​IMG]

Of course after properly verifying that you aren't going to release information leaving you vulnerable.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Okay, the auto-audio ad is back. This is the culprit....
    [​IMG]

10. TitanJeff

Thanks. Any idea of the source? Usually, the ad network's name is in the source code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar